• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

Very good call by myself complete dud for north/west NC currently. I see those near Raleigh saw one or two. Looks like they missed the severe watch should not have been issued for Wilkes but instead for Wake.

In regards to the MCS developing to our northwest the SPC is being pretty blunt about the threat up there.View attachment 38724
Meh I have another unpopular opinion that will prob end up correct. The Kentucky/WV/VA is already worked over so I bet they fizzle down entering the dry NC hills. But the Sunday/Monday threat looks better.

Tornado watch issued for much of western and central Tennessee until 2:00 AM CDT. Large hail and strong winds are also possible/expectedEB81664E-25DC-4BCD-B215-7AC422FD5144.jpeg

Nice wind spike at my house, core of the storm missed me south but keep in mind my station is only 5 feet off the ground. Sustained at 17 gusting to 33 at 5 feet is pretty solid. Winds were likely gusting 40-45 at the 10m standard elevation the NWS recommends.
CCF9689F-81CD-426F-81D7-76D26FD473B4.png

Here too lets go!!!
Nice storm. Pretty excessive lightening, some gusty winds, and a period of heavy rain. Not bad for April 8.

Back