• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Archived tropicaltidbits models

Mr. Golf

Reaction score
I am trying to find archived models, especially the gfs from previous years with certain systems and how they formed and where they tracked from infiancy to the end of the system. If someone can help, I would appreciate it.

I am trying to find archived models, especially the gfs from previous years with certain systems and how they formed and where they tracked from infiancy to the end of the system. If someone can help, I would appreciate it.
I don’t think you would be able to do this with the resources from Tropical Tidbits. TT uses the maps from a server and would take up too much space if it were archived. The only way you could do this if you were to develop a code to create a base map using python modules such as cartopy and maplotlib ect which I believe model sites use. If you want to look into this, I bet Webber would have some more information. From there with a base map, NOAA has an archive of data that you can plot. Essentially you would need to make your own model maps and then plot them manually plot them. Although, I could be wrong, It can’t hurt to email Levi Cowan. I personally have been working on this as a side project to plot Reanalysis data (ERA5). If you would like, if I find out any more, I could keep you updated.

Last edited:
Back