• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

Nick_boynton_

-NAO/+PNA/-AO
If I’m glad anyone got snow on this board it’s you. Some days you were the only poster in the main thread lmao. You brought the Mojo. Just not for mby 🤬

I think Nick should start the first thread next winter
It got lonely on the thread for a little BUT WE BRING IT ALIVE WHEN WE CAN ... next best bet for April snow is gunna come with this stout blocking showing up in the medium and long range ... I mean yeah snow in April is unlikely ... but now we know it can happen ... what say you -NAO ... what say you...

BirdManDoomW

Strange Bird
Kinda bazaar the Piedmont in SC/NC may be coldest location on the entire east coast right now. Mountains and foothills are springing into the 50s.

moderate + snow in Gboro. How did Randolph and Montgomery County fare . Asheboro, Seagrove?

Absolutely miserable weather, average high of 69, leafing out trees, spring... even a solar noon sun angle of 60.... Instead its in the 30s and dumping rain. I will never understand how anyone wants snow outside of december. Should break the record low max for today of 47 at RDU by a degree or two. Heres to summer weather lasting into November to make up for this bs.

Last edited:
Lots of reports on Facebook of snow in Randolph and Montgomery counties. I saw one video with accumulations out of Montgomery county I believe.
Dad down toward Farmer, been snowing heavy since about 9am. Roofs tree limbs all covered,leylands hanging. Ground is meh he says.

Chalk this up as overperformer and well modeled. All my snow fell before and after winter which runs from Dec 23 through March 23. Wasted a nice winter storm today of 4+ for alot of folks due to calendar

Gonna close out year at 8 inches

GaWx

Supporter
Does anyone know if Charlotte officially got measurable snow/sleet? If so, it would be only the 2nd measured in April in the last 100 years.