• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

Looks like the high today was an impressive 87*F.

That sounds nice compared to the cold rain and temps in the 40s we got today in Detroit.

Yeah HRRR really had a hard time with these cells. It wants to keep it more discrete though, according to the 4z HRRR. E. Oklahoma sucks to chase in, but that could put down one or two decent ones.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 11.39.23 AM.png
What is the feature that runs from SW Mexico to Big Bend to Wichita Falls and up through the N. Border of OK?

The GFS is putting mid 90s over alabama next monday ?. Don't know what the records are but i would suspect we'd be close to it. Screenshot_20190430-115255_Samsung Internet.jpg

As warm as the weather has been, it hasn't been as extreme or impressive as many would think. NC has the biggest departures of +2 to +4 from average.

Same goes for the areas further north that have been several bouts of snow this past April, where the worst departures are only between -2 to -4 from average in Northern MI / WI / MN.

30dTDeptUS.png

As warm as the weather has been, it hasn't been as extreme or impressive as many would think. NC has the biggest departures of +2 to +4 from average.

Same goes for the areas further north that have been several bouts of snow this past April, where the worst departures are only between -2 to -4 from average in Northern MI / WI / MN.

View attachment 19377
But look at those departures in the Mid Atlantic. I do believe I see a red dot over Delaware which would indicate +6 to 8.

But look at those departures in the Mid Atlantic. I do believe I see a red dot over Delaware which would indicate +6 to 8.

True, but it's relative to average.

If their average highs are still in the 60s, then of course temps in the 70s and 80s will seem more impressive from a departure standpoint.

Not so much for our region.

Back