• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

Not for the Southeast. Tornadoes season starts to wind down after first week or May for the It might be for the Central Plains and up north states like Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, etc.
View attachment 17961View attachment 17962

Yep, this time of the year/april we have the best strong shear/instability overlap, that moves north as time goes on and we’re just stuck with pulse storms in the summer, which are my favorite !

So, is this thread for April, or for April severe? Or ...
For April itself. But we can talk about severe weather in here. Once a severe threat gets closer let’s day within 5-7 days we can open specific date thread for it.

For April itself. But we can talk about severe weather in here. Once a severe threat gets closer let’s day within 5-7 days we can open specific date thread for it.
Thanks much for the clarification ... just wasn't sure where to go with/for "normal" April ... ;)

It’s far out but I guess something to watch, looks like the plains are gonna deal with there first legit setup late next week
CEF59450-FB95-46E5-B0F1-08D79F33E4EC.png68CE1C1A-10D5-44B1-A3E3-9F9B0B19F96C.png

Ok, can we please stop with these wannabe day 7+ snow threats which don't verify, it's April...

Thanks.

View attachment 18018

It is still another coastal chilly rainstorm with 40s for the Gulf coast and SE coast. Also, overall, April 1-4 looks much colder than normal for the SE US on this 12Z Euro just as it did on the 12Z GFS. Bring it on though I certainly don't trust it won't verify warmer.

Look for it to trend NW from here. Regardless, it isn't a snow threat on the 12Z run.

Last edited:
It is still another coastal chilly rainstorm with 40s for the Gulf coast and SE coast. Also, overall, April 1-4 looks much colder than normal for the SE US on this 12Z Euro just as it did on the 12Z GFS. Bring it on though I certainly don't trust it won't verify warmer.

Look for it to trend NW from here. Regardless, it isn't a snow threat on the 12Z run.

Verbatim it's actually marginally cool enough to support something well inland of the SE US coast because temps are in the middle 30s over central NC but I really don't feel like arguing about it atm esp since it isn't really a threat to begin w/.

Verbatim it's actually marginally cool enough to support something well inland of the SE US coast because temps are in the middle 30s over central NC but I really don't feel like arguing about it atm esp since it isn't really a threat to begin w/.

It’ll be a severe weather threat by Wednesday night with our luck we’ve had so far this year

Back