• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Appalachian Mountains and Foothills Winter Discussion/Obs

Reaction score
A place to come to when its a winter wonderland but everyone is complaining of rain down below in the main thread.

Let's talk upslope, snow depth, modeling and obs.

Re: Mountains and Foothills Winter Discussion

It's been a really late start here...Mt Leconte got a little, but I've yet to get the first snowflake on the Skyway.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Salt trucks are out around the Wilkes/Ashe/Watauga county lines. Few cars off the road. Couldn't even get a special weather statement from Blacksburg.

I bet conditions this morning will be worse than the winter weather they are so focused about this weekend. I could go sledding the hills are so slick here.

Don't see this often....65 in Boone 45 in Wilkesboro. Guess I need to dress for Spring before heading up the mountain to do some Christmas shopping.

Who is seeing snow tonight?!

I know Boone and Blowing Rock is! Lots of heavy windy snow showery weather. I think its possible to see some wind snow here in Wilkes early Friday AM, but nothing like in the high country!

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

First time in history I have ever ran the AC with large piles of snow in the parking lots in Wilkesboro yesterday. Got well above 70 in my dark colored car.

Back