• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Does that increase the threat for Charlotte? I thought the greatest threat for severe was for areas along the boundary, not south of it.

I’m not saying this setup is basically like the last boundary setup, but the similarities are almost funny, heres ESRH with this compared to the last setup that produced that trio of sups
Last setup 7F854EB1-13CD-47AF-B4E3-189904BE89B4.jpeg
this setup B9D0C8F0-F31C-4EAE-A274-4E41BB81710D.jpeg
Now for CAPE
Last setup 0DB5562D-7985-4ECB-A55C-0EBA0666743C.jpeg
this setup E3487D6B-6507-4BFF-B215-47BCAC6BDA53.jpeg

This time, low level moisture is much better and less supportive of LP supercells, that’s the difference, and the reason why the tornado threat is higher

9419B10B-87ED-4528-B2ED-42F25AD29819.jpegI can see some severe storms further north than Charlotte too. Boone, NC went from 40s to 60s. Some guidance had hinted at the severe storms for the northern mountains and SPC has Boone, NC under a Slight Risk.

Full sunshine to the south of my house and above it, with a clear boundary of clouds just north.

I think the forecast high here was 61.

Yup this is their 715am update just 8 hours ago. They missed our temps by a minimum of 10 degrees.

There will be a large
range in temps across the area today with highs only expected
around 60 across northern sections to around 70 far southern
sections.

I don’t agree with Charlotte being ground zero. If we get some supercells they are going to be west across western NC into upstate SC. Charlotte appears to be far enough East to allow these storms to merge and lose some tornado threat but could still have hail/wind.

I don’t agree with Charlotte being ground zero. If we get some supercells they are going to be west across western NC into upstate SC. Charlotte appears to be far enough East to allow these storms to merge and lose some tornado threat but could still have hail/wind.

That goes against what every other guidance is saying...

Back