• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2023 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always surprises me how much rain we actually get. Most of us actually get more yearly rainfall than places like Seattle and London.
Way more, it isn’t close. Some areas of the far western NC and Georgia mountains are considered an oceanic climate and are technical rain forests.

Way more, it isn’t close. Some areas of the far western NC and Georgia mountains are considered an oceanic climate and are technical rain forests.
If I recall, the difference is made up in summer. Seattle and London still get rain in the summer but it is very little while the SE gets thunderstorms and tropical systems. 55" of rain is a lot of water.

If I recall, the difference is made up in summer. Seattle and London still get rain in the summer but it is very little while the SE gets thunderstorms and tropical systems. 55" of rain is a lot of water.
Yeah, it barely rains in Seattle during the summer.

Going to end with .60 after a forecast of 4 inches plus here. Of course, the heat and dry weather showing for the next 2 weeks will be right. It may rain again in about 2 months. Just like 2001 and 2016.

We are at over 1.5 inches for the day so far. It was unexpected.

It will catch up. We have been dry as a bone for so long here... finally something.. but doesnt make up for all the other days of nothing

Talk about no rain? Well be lucky to get any in the next 2 weeks and it's barely rained in the last 2

I'm starting to feel a little more confident that the worst of summer is behind us. We'll have some hot days in September but nothing like we saw in July or August.

I'm starting to feel a little more confident that the worst of summer is behind us. We'll have some hot days in September but nothing like we saw in July or August.

I...might have to agree here.

Looks like after we get past the cool period we're getting with Idalia, the eastern part of the southeast at least gets back to the upper 80s and low 90s and that's nothing new for the early parts of September.

Have to trudge towards the latter parts of September and really maybe even later for better than that.

I...might have to agree here.

Looks like after we get past the cool period we're getting with Idalia, the eastern part of the southeast at least gets back to the upper 80s and low 90s and that's nothing new for the early parts of September.

Have to trudge towards the latter parts of September and really maybe even later for better than that.
Hey there. I haven't seen you in a while.

If I here this guy on TWC call Santee , Santy, one more gin, I’m gonna slap him! #ALEXWALLACE, go back to Georgia

Who do they have from TWC covering the devastating rainstorm that’s about to hit RAH
Ray Stagick! ?

The 18z GFS says our friend the heat ridge is still with us at 384 with a high in the mid 90's on day 16.

I’ve always loved this.. It’s why I’ve been with my employer for 17+ years. I mean a Rolex at 10 years of service. Goodness .. Ceremony at Del Fresco wine cellar in Charlotte. ? ???? American Employer.. ????
1693534170083.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back