• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2023 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this week we probably will go into a 2001 and 2016 repeat with very little rain for many of us for a month or 2. Probably will see temps in the 90's well into October.

After this week we probably will go into a 2001 and 2016 repeat with very little rain for many of us for a month or 2. Probably will see temps in the 90's well into October.
I can see that happening. But... What's something positive that could happen in the next 2 months?

A Shetley-smasher! NAMB5C6E7E1-D8C1-4A76-A6D1-7496E4DB3D99.png

Some of you guys with your "it never rains" fixation crack me up. We live in the SE, with some of the highest annual rainfall in the country and you guys act like it's Death Valley if you only get half your average for the summer. In particular, Upstaters have had no reason to complain abut lack of rain at any point over the past 6 years; literally been the wettest 6 year stretch in GSP history since records have been kept. Here is the estimate year to date and no one is in drought. Most of the complainers have had at least 30 inches so far and we still have a third of the year to go. Heck, I have missed out on several stroms the past month but am still staring down 50 inches already.

1693320943169.png

And here is the past 365 days total.

1693321042503.png

Take a good look at the GSP radar and tell I should not be frustrated. Had a big storm coming straight for me for 2 hours and now it turns at the very last minute to miss me. Thats at least 5 or 6 storms over Spartanburg and only 1 small cell here. This county is cursed it looks like.

Some of you guys with your "it never rains" fixation crack me up. We live in the SE, with some of the highest annual rainfall in the country and you guys act like it's Death Valley if you only get half your average for the summer. In particular, Upstaters have had no reason to complain abut lack of rain at any point over the past 6 years; literally been the wettest 6 year stretch in GSP history since records have been kept. Here is the estimate year to date and no one is in drought. Most of the complainers have had at least 30 inches so far and we still have a third of the year to go. Heck, I have missed out on several stroms the past month but am still staring down 50 inches already.

View attachment 136608

View attachment 136609
I'm barely over 30 for the year and 12 of that came in about 30 days. I'm at 1.8 for the past 45 days. It's not drought but it sucks to see prolonged dry during the summer

View attachment 136608

View attachment 136609
I agree overall. I can't speak for others but I do it because it's frustrating going 2 to 3 weeks at a time in the middle of summer and having your grass die. That's why I complain. You can't have enough in summer because evaporation rates are so high. I complain about too much rain in other seasons. Especially winter!

I'm barely over 30 for the year and 12 of that came in about 30 days. I'm at 1.8 for the past 45 days. It's not drought but it sucks to see prolonged dry during the summer
You will do very well over the next couple of days unless the hurricane makes a very hard right turn farther south. Our last chance for at least 2 weeks just missed to the north.

Too much talk about the westward modeling for landfall is getting confused on actual track and it's kicking out me thinks.

Time to talk heat and dry weather again. Headed for 92-93 today with heat index over 100. Hot and dry next week too. We may as well go for 105-110 to get at least some excitement around here.

Reactions: SD
Time to talk heat and dry weather again. Headed for 92-93 today with heat index over 100. Hot and dry next week too. We may as well go for 105-110 to get at least some excitement around here.
One day we'll get a Pensacola landfall and an I85 runner to give big rain. It has to happen sooner or later.

View attachment 136608

View attachment 136609
It always surprises me how much rain we actually get. Most of us actually get more yearly rainfall than places like Seattle and London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back