• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah… this was a little suprising to see this. From everything I’ve read the last few weeks, the thinking was that the ENSO was going to headed to around neutral for an extended period, and a lot of what we’ve seen pattern-wise globally would support that. It would be quite unusual to go back into a LaNina so quickly after the one we just came out of broke down.
As lucky as we got with last years La Niña … I doubt we can get the -NAO to last the entire time like last winter … a dreaded SER is sure to tease us this winter ?

As lucky as we got with last years La Niña … I doubt we can get the -NAO to last the entire time like last winter … a dreaded SER is sure to tease us this winter ?
I don't know if I'd call us in the Carolina's and GA lucky last year. We pretty much sucked. Most areas only had 30% of average snowfall at best. Pretty average temps overall and we missed out on one of the most epic stretches of cold and snow the south has seen in our lifetime.

I don't know if I'd call us in the Carolina's and GA lucky last year. We pretty much sucked. Most areas only had 30% of average snowfall at best. Pretty average temps overall and we missed out on one of the most epic stretches of cold and snow the south has seen in our lifetime.
Yeah there was nothing lucky about last winter for us Carolinas folks at all. We had overall about a perfect 500mb set up for most of December and January to deliver winter storms, that was useless due to the mild source regions. Then when legit Arctic Cold came south, the SER pumped up and kept everything west of the Apps.

Yeah there was nothing lucky about last winter for us Carolinas folks at all. We had overall about a perfect 500mb set up for most of December and January to deliver winter storms, that was useless due to the mild source regions. Then when legit Arctic Cold came south, the SER pumped up and kept everything west of the Apps.
While yes it sucked we had chances left and right and we live in the south East we’re not suppose to see snow or tons of chances for it and sometimes things just don’t work in our favor ??‍♂️ But we had almost an entire winter of -NAO which never happens for us and way more below average temperatures then we are used to seeing .. if that trough had pushed just a bit more we would’ve gotten clobbered and not Texas … but it happens cause we live in the south .. usually though we don’t see -NAO like that and we get SER especially in La Niña years so if you think you were “unlucky” last winter just wait until you get an actual warm winter this year … unless of course we can get that -NAO

While yes it sucked we had chances left and right and we live in the south East we’re not suppose to see snow or tons of chances for it and sometimes things just don’t work in our favor ??‍♂️ But we had almost an entire winter of -NAO which never happens for us and way more below average temperatures then we are used to seeing .. if that trough had pushed just a bit more we would’ve gotten clobbered and not Texas … but it happens cause we live in the south .. usually though we don’t see -NAO like that and we get SER especially in La Niña years so if you think you were “unlucky” last winter just wait until you get an actual warm winter this year … unless of course we can get that -NAO
Freaking South Texas got more snow than you last winter. That's how much you guys suck at snow.

Sheesh shelf and lightning in one shot can’t wait to show y’all

I think la ninas are good for up here? Not sure. But I’ll take a repeat of last winter, lickity split

Forecast for RDU on January 5, 2022: High 93, Low 75, scattered T-storms

Patterns are broken, welcome to your new reality. 592 dm deathridges will be all the rages of Januaries in the 2020s. It’s no longer a question of how much snow we are going to get, it’s how much A/C we are going to use and how much are we going to sweat?! Buckle up, buttercup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back