• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BHS1975 here’s a song for you and it tells you why you should not worry anymore. No matter what we do to earth .... life’ll kill ya!

Life’ll kill ya, that’s what I said ! Life’ll kill ya , and then you’ll be dead!

A few things I was looking at that maybe were not mentioned…people kept saying it was moving too fast. Well I thought it was actually helping it because fast speed meant it was going to get away from the equator quicker because it was fairly far too south to do much strengthening for the past several days. Elsa had some dry air struggles but people were constantly nick picking Elsa to death. She held up for most of the journey and I could tell the NHC strength forecasts were going to be out to lunch. They ignored their own guidance and admitted they were on the low side. I think the biggest failure was keeping the same wind speeds throughout their cone when the majority of tropical systems experience different levels of intensity in their journey 1) near Barbados usually peaking 2) graveyard some decline 3) Caribbean mtns peak or bust 4) post Caribbean mtns peak in bath water 5) gulf or Bahamas peak in bath water 6) near shelf waters or ots decline in health
As always, thanks for your expertise.

Where do all these damn weirdos come from?? Can’t we discuss thick thighs and toes and GG cups? That’s what’s up!

Here’s some of my very long range general thoughts…that may be unpopular here. But I believe it’s gonna get hot and dry inland S/E due to Elsa staying ESE of us from Florida to offshore Myrtle Beach. Dry sinking air will conpound with downsloping along the blue ridge east and bring 90s to 100. That being said it could flood in most of Florida, coastal Georgia and coastal Carolinas maybe 2-3 counties inland should it trend north. North of the pink line is minimal impact to no impact. The hearts just show the general flow of the pattern I expect not the center. 24345406-E64D-4EF8-9530-81FAE498E31B.jpeg

Here’s some of my very long range general thoughts…that may be unpopular here. But I believe it’s gonna get hot and dry inland S/E due to Elsa staying ESE of us from Florida to offshore Myrtle Beach. Dry sinking air will conpound with downsloping along the blue ridge east and bring 90s to 100. That being said it could flood in most of Florida, coastal Georgia and coastal Carolinas maybe 2-3 counties inland should it trend north. North of the pink line is minimal impact to no impact. The hearts just show the general flow of the pattern I expect not the center. View attachment 86085
Do the fire symbols indicate possible wildfires ?

Here’s some of my very long range general thoughts…that may be unpopular here. But I believe it’s gonna get hot and dry inland S/E due to Elsa staying ESE of us from Florida to offshore Myrtle Beach. Dry sinking air will conpound with downsloping along the blue ridge east and bring 90s to 100. That being said it could flood in most of Florida, coastal Georgia and coastal Carolinas maybe 2-3 counties inland should it trend north. North of the pink line is minimal impact to no impact. The hearts just show the general flow of the pattern I expect not the center. View attachment 86085
Omg you need to work for nws. Open your own branch in wilkes

Ugh not what we want to see this morning. A stronger hurricane would feel the influence of the mountains ? and potentially destroy it even if it didn’t cross over them. A tropical storm Elsa is LESS likely to be destroyed per peer review papers I have studied over the years. It’s almost like Elsa is doing everything in its power to stay alive and strengthen further down the road into Florida. Shooting the gap is just the icing on the cake ? and it’s journey west not north is more favored in this scenario too. Bahamas can now rest in ease but watch out Gulf of Mexico. Feel free to share this in the main Elsa thread cause I don’t want people to let their guard down seeing Elsa back to a tropical storm.

Supercells >>>>>> hurricanes, idk I’m just not a huge fan of tropical wx, feel like with supercells you can get nice structure, tornadoes, large hail, lightning, and there very photogenic at times, a cane is just wind and rain

Phoenix Suns: I saw the Suns, and they opened up my eyes, I saw the Suns! (I used to think Ace of Base song "I saw the sign" was "I saw the sun".

Last edited:
Supercells >>>>>> hurricanes, idk I’m just not a huge fan of tropical wx, feel like with supercells you can get nice structure, tornadoes, large hail, lightning, and there very photogenic at times, a cane is just wind and rain
Unless you live in the mountains the majority of our tornadoes are limited to tropical systems from the gulf. @Webberweather53 i wonder if anyone has any studies on this it seems like it’s a 10 to 1 ratio with tropical tornadoes vs any other time of year tornadoes up this way.

I like hurricanes more , tropical weather is nice . Plus the anticipation leading to a hurricane is amazing . Suspense , waiting to see where it will go. Then when your under the gun all the preparation and anxiety as you wait for it to approach. The calm before the storm is also very real! Have yet to experience true hurricane conditions this far inland . Fran and Hazel are the only 2 storms I know of to have brought true hurricane conditions this far Inland with sustained 2 minute winds approaching 80mph with hazel, and a peak gust into the 90s at the airport . With hazel Fayetteville had 110mph gusts , I think Goldsboro actually had 120! Wouldn’t have been surprised if parts of southern wake managed 100 mph gusts with hazel . I spoke with an older lady who very much remembers hazel, she said she was at school I believe and it came and went through very quickly . She also told me about how her dad took her to KKK rallies as a child but that’s something else lmao.

Matthew was one of my favorite storms , I think we had gusts into the 60s this far inland . I remember spending literally 10 hours in the driving rain walking around that day just to take it all in. Some poor wet stray dog followed home too and i fed it. I got knocked down by a powerful gust and swear I thought I was getting sucked into a tornado or something . Absolutely epic ! Power was out for 2 weeks for some out here , I went into the woods like an idiot during the storm and watched the little creek behind my house rise up and become very deep and raging , also heard trees snapping . Little river flooded and 2 cars got swept away, bridge nearly collapsed , dam collapsed as well. Helicopters flew over and it showed the area on CNN because the 2 idiots got swept away. Then we all went on the bridge next day despite it being near collapse with parts falling off lmao. People had the same underwear on for 2 weeks smelling like total butt. Good times !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back