• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2021 hurricane season thread

12 CMC just won't let this go for 9/8 in Louisiana again.
BTW, Cantore vaguely mentioned this on TWC last night.

Screenshot_1630430021650.png

I'm still not worried about Larry due to a lack of a significant WAR on models for 10+ days. But way out in cartoonland, I am more interested in what may come afterward. As shown by the end of the 12Z EPS, many of these members are weak but are moving briskly westward, which may mean it gets much further west than Larry. This wave comes off Africa ~9/11 and wouldn't have a chance to bother us until after 9/21. With it being a La Nina or at least close to one, AEW's like these should be watched rather closely:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0360.png

Last edited:
I'm still not worried about Larry due to a lack of a significant WAR on models for 10+ days. But way out in cartoonland, I am more interested in what may come afterward. As shown by the end of the 12Z EPS, many of these members are weak but are moving briskly westward, which may mean it gets much further west than Larry. This wave comes off Africa ~9/11 and wouldn't have a chance to bother us until after 9/21. With it being a La Nina or at least close to one, AEW's like these should be watched rather closely:

View attachment 89944

The lineup once Larry is out of the way.

Screenshot_2021-08-31-19-40-37.png

Hard to believe we're on track with 2005 right now once Larry forms(August 31 in 2005 also) and only a few days behind 2020(Laura Marco were last week)

View attachment 89944

Following up from yesterday:
Today's 12Z EPS has similar activity and may be the next AEW to watch closely in the CONUS for after 9/20:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0288.png

Interesting thought I had but is there any correlation to more signifigant/ extreme weather happening post landfall of an extremely dangerous and strong hurricane vs like a cat 1 or lower grade

Interesting thought I had but is there any correlation to more signifigant/ extreme weather happening post landfall of an extremely dangerous and strong hurricane vs like a cat 1 or lower grade

I know some of the 2004/2005 hurricanes were famous for tornadoes but it seems to vary. I don't remember plenty of other hurricanes making news for it

Also I believe those were like actually in the south where tornadoes happen not in the Mid Atlantic

Back