• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2021 Banter Thread

Run into birdman?

Nope.Would prefer that to what we had yesterday. Horrible traffic nowhere to eat because the waits were hours long. I mean like a 2 hour wait to get a effing cheese pizza from dominos. We ate snacks for dinner because after a 7 hour drive we were too tired to wait that long.

Nope.Would prefer that to what we had yesterday. Horrible traffic nowhere to eat because the waits were hours long. I mean like a 2 hour wait to get a effing cheese pizza from dominos. We ate snacks for dinner because after a 7 hour drive we were too tired to wait that long.
It's literally every vacation destination. The labor shortage is very real combined with Pent up demand has made travel a mess, and really not the break we are all looking for. I'm trying international later this summer to see if I can get away from it that way, but we will see. But seeing long lines for hikes in National parks kind of makes me sick.

It's literally every vacation destination. The labor shortage is very real combined with Pent up demand has made travel a mess, and really not the break we are all looking for. I'm trying international later this summer to see if I can get away from it that way, but we will see. But seeing long lines for hikes in National parks kind of makes me sick.

This Labor Shortage is no Joke. They started closing the McD's right off the interstate between 1am and 5am, because they can't staff it. I was talking to the HVAC guy about changing out my system. Its 25 years old, and running on burrowed time. He laughed. Says you can't get the parts, and the ones they do get are going to broken units. He also said the theirs a Freon shortage, and his supply house is limiting him to 2 cans a day. We're flirting with some serious danger.

This Labor Shortage is no Joke. They started closing the McD's right off the interstate between 1am and 5am, because they can't staff it. I was talking to the HVAC guy about changing out my system. Its 25 years old, and running on burrowed time. He laughed. Says you can't get the parts, and the ones they do get are going to broken units. He also said the theirs a Freon shortage, and his supply house is limiting him to 2 cans a day. We're flirting with some serious danger.

The dominos I went to had a sign on the door for delivery drivers. Averaging $20 an hour. Its stupid.

Sounds like we lack public spaces , we lack wilderness areas big time .

If you like zombie shows I would suggest Black Summer on Netflix. New season just came out. Very cool zombie series.

$20 an hour for a delivery driver? We're doomed, the implosion is gonna hurt.

Lol I make that easily Doordashing(with grubhub and ubereats as a backup) usually. I've had some really busy times where I'm $30-40 an hour

I see the labor shortage everywhere though so many restaurants short staffed

Oh and I think everyone is going on vacation this summer because nobody did last summer

Honestly, there are better areas to visit than Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg up there.

I've actually never been to Pigeon Forge but based off what I've heard, it's unlikely I'll ever go.

When I went to Gatlinburg as a 15 year old, I liked Ripley's Believe it or Not, but with what I know now, I would not go back. Too much of a gimmicky town for me.

Outside of Ripley's Believe it or Not, my first visit near Great Smoky Mountains National Park was a disappointment. The second one was a success though, and we did not stay in Gatlinburg that time (we stayed in Townsend). We went to Cades Cove then, and while it was fairly crowded, we saw a lot of animals, including a bear.

There may be a point where I try to go back to go to Cataloochee.

Honestly, there are better areas to visit than Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg up there.

I've actually never been to Pigeon Forge but based off what I've heard, it's unlikely I'll ever go.

When I went to Gatlinburg as a 15 year old, I liked Ripley's Believe it or Not, but with what I know now, I would not go back. Too much of a gimmicky town for me.

Outside of Ripley's Believe it or Not, my first visit near Great Smoky Mountains National Park was a disappointment. The second one was a success though, and we did not stay in Gatlinburg that time (we stayed in Townsend). We went to Cades Cove then, and while it was fairly crowded, we saw a lot of animals, including a bear.

Did you go to Dollywood ?

No. In fact, I've never been to Pigeon Forge. Never want to go, either.

But something like an amusement park has never been up my alleyway. There was a point in time where I maybe would've wanted to visit a water park but that never happened.

I would recommend a place called Discovery cove on Orlando. It's a water park it not a water park.

Christmas in Gatlinburg is worth the price of admission. We rent a cabin up there almost every December and make some great memories.

Back