• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2021 Banter Thread

Yall are speaking of that cold going around, I got tested for covid, not it! Just a cold that refuses to leave, and I've been dealing with it since Memorial Day!!! And I've worn a mask, and have to agree that maybe I didn't expose myself enough to the regular colds as much which is why this one is so much stronger? I hope everyone that has it feels better soon!

Why is the Coronavirus thread locked?
It got vaccinated

In all seriousness that thread wasn't a constructive place in the community anymore. Evveryone had dug their heels into their beliefs and went after anyone who disagreed and it was just a bunch of cyclical snippy posts that put us as staff in a position to either have to moderate the thread heavily which leads to more anger or to pause the thread. I chose to give the thread a time out for a while and possibly revisit it later. The main issue I had personally was that I didn't feel like I could post in a thread on my own board, that's suboptimal.

I would like to have the thread back open for info sharing and discussion purposes but everyone would need to play nice and actually be constructive and factual or at least reasonable. It can't be the wild west with people firing anything from the hip.

It got vaccinated

In all seriousness that thread wasn't a constructive place in the community anymore. Evveryone had dug their heels into their beliefs and went after anyone who disagreed and it was just a bunch of cyclical snippy posts that put us as staff in a position to either have to moderate the thread heavily which leads to more anger or to pause the thread. I chose to give the thread a time out for a while and possibly revisit it later. The main issue I had personally was that I didn't feel like I could post in a thread on my own board, that's suboptimal.

I would like to have the thread back open for info sharing and discussion purposes but everyone would need to play nice and actually be constructive and factual or at least reasonable. It can't be the wild west with people firing anything from the hip.
Nah never open it again! I personally hate that thread it sucked all the activity out the forum into that one thread .

I guess it could but idk. What I do know is this cold virus going around means business. Not really feeling ache or bad just cold symptoms that just don’t want to go away even with medication.
It rolled through my house and was pretty awful as far as colds go. Took me a solid 7 days to feel close to right and my wife more like 10. I'm sure it came from my daughter's school at the time. We did all the elderberry and vitamin c/zinc stuff to try to shorten it but not really sure anything helped except time and hydrating.

Busy bellies start storm complexes
I can’t be the only one but my guy I don’t think anyone here understands 95% of the stuff you post . No offense but it’s always so weird . We might be talking about hurricanes and you come in and say “ mmmm I like cookies on a red boat “ or some weird nonsensical thing . You do quote song lyrics though I understand that lol.

I can’t be the only one but my guy I don’t think anyone here understands 95% of the stuff you post . No offense but it’s always so weird . We might be talking about hurricanes and you come in and say “ mmmm I like cookies on a red boat “ or some weird nonsensical thing . You do quote song lyrics though I understand that lol.
Meanager

It got vaccinated

Ok... thanks for the clarification. Hate that discourse had crumbled into snippy sound bites

Back