• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll get lucky and this will be one of those times when the model shows a big storm, then it disappears when we get to 7 days out, and then it brings it back when we're a little closer. But that doesn't happen as often as them showing a big winter storm past 7 days and then it turns to rain.

Can we for the love of all that's good stop with the thread starter debate post.....period. We've requested that and explained that ad nauseam. Honest question and dislike this post all you want, but do y'all even read our request or blatantly ignore them? Seriously we try to have a very laid back atmosphere with a few simple request here and there and I feel like they are just blown off.

Can we for the love of all that's good stop with the thread starter debate post.....period. We've requested that and explained that ad nauseam. Honest question and dislike this post all you want, but do y'all even read our request or blatantly ignore them? Seriously we try to have a very laid back atmosphere with a few simple request here and there and I feel like they are just blown off.
We should start threads post mortem

The best thing about living in Columbia, SC is that I never have to get my expectations up. This is the place where cliff divers land. Yeah I threw out Feb '73 yesterday but do I reasonably expect it to happen? Of course not. Even in the best patterns we are never guaranteed a storm. Enjoy the fantasy storms for what they are. Use them to study what it takes to achieve snow here and move on if it changes. At least you'll know what to look for when the next storm comes. That being said, I'll still be watching for the SE as a whole, and just maybe I could be one of the lucky ones. ?

Way too much optimism for a southeastern snow storm in the Flaming thread. The latest guidance looks realistic to me. Cool rains with brief cold shots behind them until March, when we finally torch.
It's honestly just silly for anyone in the deep south to ever be optimistic about something over 7 days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back