• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2020-2021 Winter: Early Thoughts

Watch it snow like crazy this winter when all the kids are doing online school and won't get any snow days.
That's what I'm afraid off. Such a colossal waste. It would be about like your football team going undefeated or only one loss while being on probation and ineligible for playoffs. This is the first time ever that I'm actually hoping for a mild winter

Watch it snow like crazy this winter when all the kids are doing online school and won't get any snow days.
Back when I was still in high school, our county changed how they handle inclement weather days by completely removing them and having only online when it snowed. Essentially, there have been no real snow days in years in this county.

No, I focus on the Indonesian warmth, GW, the AN models, and persistence of AN over anything else. AN is clearly the way to go in the SE. You're not in the SE/further west and away from the SER. So, maybe you won't be as AN. I don't know.

I'm still looking for the "battleground" forecasts for the SE because they always seem to appear whatever battleground means..

Bump for “battleground” appearing in forecast for the SE, whatever the heck that means. Are we going to have a civil war or something in the SE? I predict it will show up next year, too. It is so easy to predict the predictions!

Pretty much exactly how my whole night went during the December 8-9, 2018 storm in southeast Wake (really in Johnston county)

Models had several hours of snow for me before turning to rain. But as soon as the precip started I watched that R/SN line surge north FAST. Managed a slushy inch before melting before dawn from rain. 20min north got 5-7+.

By far the most miserable winter event I’ve ever had the pleasure of witnessing. I left Wake county in the dust a few months later ✌?

Back