• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Gardening Thread

I have always used hardwood mulch. Just a preference, I like what it does to the clay soil as it breaks down. Cedar and pine , would definitely raise the acidity of the soils over time, but probably take years to notice any changes and most of the SE soils are already fairly acidic. If you needed more acidic soil, like you wanted to grow blueberries, which like a ph of 5.5 or lower, or want your mop head hydrangeas to be bluer, you could use the acidic mulches around them.
Another point, the finer the mulch, the quicker it breaks down into and improves the soil! I once had a place that had triple ground hardwood mulch, and it was amazing! Can’t find it anymore

Another point, the finer the mulch, the quicker it breaks down into and improves the soil! I once had a place that had triple ground hardwood mulch, and it was amazing! Can’t find it anymore
triple ground? That's basically saw dust. lol

Not sure why people would like brown grass
View attachment 84629
Beautiful yard. I'd rather enjoy my free time that fool around with grass all year and get stressed about the weather because of it.

I got nothing but respect for you yard guys. But I'd rather do something more enjoyable with my time and not have the stress of it. Life is too short to add extra work and stress. But I know some of yall love it and there ain't nothing better than doing what you love.

Beautiful yard. I'd rather enjoy my free time that fool around with grass all year and get stressed about the weather because of it.

I got nothing but respect for you yard guys. But I'd rather do something more enjoyable with my time and not have the stress of it. Life is too short to add extra work and stress. But I know some of yall love it and there ain't nothing better than doing what you love.
Some people find grass manicuring therapeutic. To each their own! I hate cutting grass and don’t care how many weeds are mixed in! I find pruning shrubs and trees very stress relieving! I could sheer shrubs into meatballs, 10x faster than hand pruning, but 1snip at a time with my Felco pruners, puts a smile on my face! 10440141-42F5-4403-9339-66137DC9A6EF.png

Some people find grass manicuring therapeutic. To each their own! I hate cutting grass and don’t care how many weeds are mixed in! I find pruning shrubs and trees very stress relieving! I could sheer shrubs into meatballs, 10x faster than hand pruning, but 1snip at a time with my Felco pruners, puts a smile on my face! View attachment 84661
I have e big natural areas and they are full of bushes and shrubs that need pruning all the time. I don't mind doing it in the fall. But the weeding and mulching. Ug. I don't know why anybody likes that.

Some people find grass manicuring therapeutic. To each their own! I hate cutting grass and don’t care how many weeds are mixed in! I find pruning shrubs and trees very stress relieving! I could sheer shrubs into meatballs, 10x faster than hand pruning, but 1snip at a time with my Felco pruners, puts a smile on my face! View attachment 84661
Feel free to come to the springs and do some work on my knockouts

It's not the destination, but the journey.

Love these trees! That are some sort of maple and are pretty popular around here!597557EC-1956-4F12-8762-E0356B3CBF20.jpeg1C8EC715-1A0F-4270-B63C-C14C4E71B6A8.jpeg

Back