• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Gardening Thread

My old back yard! 45665AB0-D9FC-4AFA-8EC9-5540763D88A8.png

My new addition to the patio garden! Very choice specimen! Never seen one in person! Will look like photo 2. , in about 5 years!4922276C-79F5-4089-B2D5-8101D2D59144.jpeg0756A697-CD00-4396-9EB0-AF39B2598A03.png

Been working on putting all my sprinklers in ground since most of my $$$ tripods are falling apart. Built these to put in the ground. Put them inside a valve housing to keep them safe and trash out
Resized_20210619_105423.jpeg

But my hose is in the way when I do a full 360
Resized_20210627_122802.jpeg

Been thinking about building an adapter from pvc with a 90 elbow and quick connect to the pvc hookup I built but I'm worried the angle would be too steep and it would leak. Thoughts?

12 sprinklers cover my yard at a cost of $200. Much better than the thousands for an inground system

Been working on putting all my sprinklers in ground since most of my $$$ tripods are falling apart. Built these to put in the ground. Put them inside a valve housing to keep them safe and trash out
View attachment 85832

View attachment 85833

Been thinking about building an adapter from pvc with a 90 elbow and quick connect to the pvc hookup I built but I'm worried the angle would be too steep and it would leak. Thoughts?

12 sprinklers cover my yard at a cost of $200. Much better than the thousands for an inground system
Sweet feet! Shane foot reveal!

View attachment 85832

View attachment 85833

Use pvc adhesive/glue. Will not leak.

Lantanas are hardy beasts. They can come back from frost/freeze and look like they've thrived on it. Meanwhile, tomato plants are still loosing their stems as the blooms come in. No evidence of birds, squirrels doing the damage as I have had them netted in.

That is freaking lush !
I don't like 90/80 but bermuda does. Plus we only have about 4 weeks left of good lateral and vertical growth. Once we get into mid-late August this stuff will slam on breaks and start putting energy toward next year

Back