• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

This map below doesn't do it justice, the gradient was so much tighter than this between Raleigh & Asheboro-Greensboro. Siler City in western Chatham county only observed 0.7" in 1941-42, while Asheboro just halfway into the neighboring county (Randolph) had nearly 15", these cities are about 20 miles apart. Wtf.

View attachment 14746
Wow, 10-20” across Mecklenburg county and 0-2” across Wake. Look at the Greenville, NC snow hole.

Looks like ATL has 10”.

As if the NAM 3km couldn't get worse with making tropical cyclones. This is a new.
View attachment 14750View attachment 14751
Before I go ZZZzzzz, FS, if it's named, you get the honor of posting it as the lead in the 2019 Tropical Edition of our Wiki ... hell, I can't even keep it current there with the one-day fantasy (IMBY) snow threads ... o_O

Last edited:
You can never delete the past, only learn and grow from it, whether good or bad ...

I did learn from that period, but it sucked to the seven suns. I think most will have a similar story to those days. Kids not realizing that words can actually really hurt emotionally. Most will exit that period.

But for a while, it was really hard on me. These days, I wish I wasn't so hard on myself back then.

Tie your mother down- Greatest Queen song ever!

Wow, 10-20” across Mecklenburg county and 0-2” across Wake. Look at the Greenville, NC snow hole.

Looks like ATL has 10”.

KATL, on the south side got 3.7”. From that map, it appears the ATL area and downtown averaged near 6”. On the far north side, it appears Forsyth County averaged a whopping 10”! I know KATL’s snow was entirely received on 3/2/1942. It was a very wet snow likely mixed with some rain as liquid equivalent was over 2”! The low was only down to 33 and the high 43. Further north, more of it was snow and thus the much heavier snowfall.
This was one of a number of ATL March snows in weak to low end moderate Niño.

Last edited:
These transient highs are for the birds. Doesn’t matter how strong they are. I’d rather have a 1028 locked in than a 1047 running away..

I think the increased sun angle really starts to show up around this time of year. Next week in RDU we could reach the mid-70s by Thursday and Friday. This will be our warmest air since the beginning of November. While highs in the 70s are quite uncommon in December and January, by February, they begin to show up more often, and by March, we usually get at least one warm day a week.

I'm sure we will get a March 1993 repeat this winter. It's all fine, dandy if I do must say!

pfft that wasn't crap here... I'm going for March 21 2010 lol with the 8 inch bullseye overhead that melts an hour later

of course that was 6 weeks after a foot of snow fell here :rolleyes:

Anyone excited about what the Euro may have in store?

nope... dunno why I even waste time on it :p

Back