• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Unrelated to this winter obviously but boy wanna talk about an absolutely crappy winter, looking over 1941-42, the seasonal snow gradient between Charlotte & Raleigh is absolutely absurd and is guaranteed to give snow weenies in the Triangle nightmares.

Just imagine this January 2011 heartbreak, except it happened no less than 3 times that winter and there wasn't a single solid event in the Triangle to wash away the horrible memories. Just be glad none of you in that area were alive to see it, it's on an entirely other level of screw job.
January 10-11 2011 NC Snowmap.gif

I’m still punting the rest of winter but this 7’ish day event is now interesting because it has disappeared then torched them reappeared on the FVTree so that’s at least pretty cool even if it rains I guess..
If you had even an inkling of hope for frozen next weekend, or rest of winter, throw that ---- out the window, put a nail in that coffin!! Chris JB, is hyping!??177D6207-A094-402C-8C4E-F3DF5A1FEA3B.png

Have you ever felt like the people in your life don't really care about you and that you're all alone. I feel like that right now

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Sure. Sometimes it seems like that, but it’s not the case. Your friends at SouthernWx definitely care. :)

Have you ever felt like the people in your life don't really care about you and that you're all alone. I feel like that right now

When I feel the same way I just roll up ? and listen to music or something or watch some dragon ball lol, but we care man

Hope you're doing okay man I know exactly how u feel and I unfortunately was in this precarious position not too long ago. I'm also on your side of Charlotte if you wanted to talk or meet.

Unrelated to this winter obviously but boy wanna talk about an absolutely crappy winter, looking over 1941-42, the seasonal snow gradient between Charlotte & Raleigh is absolutely absurd and is guaranteed to give snow weenies in the Triangle nightmares.

Just imagine this January 2011 heartbreak, except it happened no less than 3 times that winter and there wasn't a single solid event in the Triangle to wash away the horrible memories. Just be glad none of you in that area were alive to see it, it's on an entirely other level of screw job.
View attachment 14743

This map below doesn't do it justice, the gradient was so much tighter than this between Raleigh & Asheboro-Greensboro. Siler City in western Chatham county only observed 0.7" in 1941-42, while Asheboro just halfway into the neighboring county (Randolph) had nearly 15", these cities are about 20 miles apart. Wtf.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 8.13.16 PM.png

I see your 19, trust me we have all felt that way at that age, just remember most of your friends right now won’t be your friends when your 30. I dealt with depression around 19. 1st year at UGA, full time job, my girlfriend broke up with me after 7 years together and college stress was getting to me hard. Thankfully my faith took over and God lead me through it. Not trying to be religious by any means but just trying to make the point to stay at it and it will pass. Like RC said we are family here and can talk with you if you need someone to talk too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see your 19, trust me we have all felt that way at that age, just remember most of your friends right now won’t be your friends when your 30. I dealt with depression around 19. 1st year at UGA, full time job, my girlfriend broke up with me after 7 years together and college stress was getting to me hard. Thankfully my faith took over and God lead me through it. Not trying to be religious by any means but just trying to make the point to stay at it and it will pass. Like RC said we are family here and can talk with you if you need someone to talk too.

I can agree to this point, it will pass and things will change. A huge number of changes occured for me between 19 and 22. Just hold on and things will happen.

Thanks everyone it really means a lot, I normally don't like showing this side of myself but I've been dealing with this feeling on and off for a long time now and couldn't keep it in.

My best friend who I loved and felt closest and I had a falling out over something stupid back in the summer, I'm still recovering from that and honestly it's been hard.

Thanks everyone it really means a lot, I normally don't like showing this side of myself but I've been dealing with this feeling on and off for a long time now and couldn't keep it in.

My best friend who I loved and felt closest and I had a falling out over something stupid back in the summer, I'm still recovering from that and honestly it's been hard.

Been there as well, and was in what felt like a hopeless situation. I felt crushed and completely depressed as well at the time. However if I knew the future, it wouldnt have mattered due to what came next. My best friend and I worked things out, and after nine years of marriage and about to be six kids...yeah...I am still amazed at how things changed so quickly.

Now I dont know how much your situation compares to mine or if you and your friend will ever make up, but just like in my case, you may be really surprised how life can change on a dime.

Everyone always notes how quickly life can change for the bad, but it can do the opposite as well.

Been there as well, and was in what felt like a hopeless situation. I felt crushed and completely depressed as well at the time. However if I knew the future, it wouldnt have mattered due to what came next. My best friend and I worked things out, and after nine years of marriage and about to be six kids...yeah...I am still amazed at how things changed so quickly.

Now I dont know how much your situation compares to mine or if you and your friend will ever make up, but just like in my case, you may be really surprised how life can change on a dime.

Everyone always notes how quickly life can change for the bad, but it can do the opposite as well.

6 kids! Geez around 4 I think I would of walked in front of a train that was on fire and loaded with dynamite. J/k congratulations man and good luck. I have # 3 on the way in April and we are done( well I’m done thanks to a that surgery thing we do not like to talk about).

6 kids! Geez around 4 I think I would of walked in front of a train that was on fire and loaded with dynamite. J/k congratulations man and good luck. I have # 3 on the way in April and we are done( well I’m done thanks to a that surgery thing we do not like to talk about).

We were pretty much done at four, but God decided to play a grand joke on us and with some crazy circumstances have us expecting twins. Yeah, life can change fast haha.....

haha...

Last edited:
I've been there and done that when I was in middle school (yes, that's a little sad). For me school and having friends was very up and down, given my situation I started out shy when I first started school, started coming out of my shell in 2nd-3rd grade, then puberty struck for me after 6th grade and with that I gained so much weight in one summer that I legitimately looked like I was in early pregnancy even though I wasn't overweight. Let me add, during that summer I ate the same as far as I can remember, usually it was not unhealthy either.

Most of the 12-13 year olds of 7th grade back then would make fun of me because of that, it totally crushed me mentally and destroyed just about all of the confidence that I had gained. In hindsight looking back at those years, I should have tried to get my dad to get me out of those classes and back with the group I was with in 6th grade. For my area, we did switch rooms in middle school, but stayed with the same people the whole time. 6th grade was a lot of fun for me because I got switched out of that group I'm talking about, but 7th and 8th were completely awful.

High school was better, because most of the people I'm mentioning went to a different school, but because of those two middle school years, I was shaky socially because I was so worried that people would make fun of me. It wasn't that I didn't have friends, though. It was only once I got to my senior year of high school where I started to make a turnaround. I stopped caring about what others think, and for me, fall 2012 through my first year of college was a lot of fun. But in a way different perspective than most. I was friendly with some at college, but I really enjoyed the freedom, and being able to go hike out in the country.

I sometimes wish that I can delete the 7th-8th grade period from my life.

Back