• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

Fwiw, the latest EPS suite thru the next 10 days. Almost completely dropped the Gulf system, the wave over central Africa that enters the east Atlantic ~day 5-6 has more support.
In case anyone wasn't aware &/or for future reference, custom-zoom EPS tracks & lows are freely available at. (Drag & click to zoom in as much as you'd like, here I chose the whole North Atlantic basin).
https://www.weathernerds.org/home.html

View attachment 21714
Just added it to Wiki Tropical, Webb; thanks! (noted there - as courtesy of Webb)
Phil

EDIT -

Also added the main page here: Other Models & Model Sites W/ Multiple Models in the General Wiki models section ... it's got lots of neat stuff ... Thanks again, Webb!!! ... ;)

Last edited:
Old MCVs and vorticity centers in the decaying trough ftw

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
CPC is seeing something in the Gulf down the line ... given the current and short term (10 days) set up, that is a very reasonable focus ...

gth_full_update.png

CPC is seeing something in the Gulf down the line ... given the current and short term (10 days) set up, that is a very reasonable focus ...

View attachment 21720
Yeah any waves riding around the western edge of the subtropical ridge might have a shot at development in the gulf or even off of the SE coast in time(depending on next weeks front). Thankfully we aren't currently looking at the models with significant development in the MDR or toward the islands. The setup would be pretty ripe for a US hit or brush

Pretty close to the climo look for a FL/SE hit with the high near Bermuda, the weakness over the deep south, above normal heights over the NE and even the trough over the upper midwest.

9740f66a4406fee2666e26f498077df9.jpg

Yeah any waves riding around the western edge of the subtropical ridge might have a shot at development in the gulf or even off of the SE coast in time(depending on next weeks front). Thankfully we aren't currently looking at the models with significant development in the MDR or toward the islands. The setup would be pretty ripe for a US hit or brush

Precisely, and MDR is hostile right now (thank goodness).
~~~~~~
Edit: Though I'm compelled to say ... it won't stay that way ... :confused:

Last edited:
Pretty close to the climo look for a FL/SE hit with the high near Bermuda, the weakness over the deep south, above normal heights over the NE and even the trough over the upper midwest.

9740f66a4406fee2666e26f498077df9.jpg

the pattern is gonna be so primed if something can get going

Personally I think its only a matter of time. I think within a week or so we'll start seeing more model storms

I am by no means a meteorologist, but I think once it starts it’s not going to stop, the tropics are just getting their act together and by September it will surely not be this boring (hopefully).

Last edited:
I am by no means a meteorologist, but I think once it starts it’s not going to stop, the tropics are just getting their act together and by September it will surly not be this boring (hopefully).
You may have just, by a Freudian typo, named the next main thread - Surly September ... ;)

Back