• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Congrats, likely a nice run (maybe better than 18z) for some.

bouncycorn said:
This MAY be a weenie run.

Too early as always. Someone is probably going to say big dog soon too lol.

Come on GFS! Send me to bed on a good note!

stronger vort it appears with less interacting with NB vs 18z run...also *this might be super important* the vort looks LESS positively tilted as well.

Out to 51h
18z --- 0z

gfs_0103_0z_51h.png

northern stream really pulling away now . should start to consolidate a little

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SD said:
This may come in very similar to the CMC/Euro/Ukm. I really like whats going on over No Cal and NW Nevada

me too...notice how its not as positively tilted vs 18z gfs?

Bed hell I been staying up till euro the last three nights.

Yes, more tilting at hr 48...wave appears stronger...its going to be another good run, if not better

The wave looks healthy to me at hour 48 and the GOM is starting it's interaction here. Should get moving soon and it should be interesting.

Deltadog03 said:
stronger vort it appears with less interacting with NB vs 18z run...also *this might be super important*  the vort looks LESS positively tilted as well.

Yep, going to probably come in slower. Could actually be a bigger run.

There's actually more separation now ~42 HR

What sucks is that i've been staying up so late seeing what the models are showing that by the time the actual event happens i'll be too tired to enjoy it :(

I'm literally shaking... this is looking more and more like those monster GFS-PARA runs lol.

Webberweather53 said:
There's actually more separation now ~42 HR

Agreed...vs 18z run this has more room....ATTM

Back