• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Cary_Snow95 said:
Webberweather53 said:
Cary_Snow95 said:
Webberweather53 said:
Benholio said:
That's bad, right? We need those two to be further apart?

For those near/south of the I-20 corridor in south-central Mississippi, Alabama, & Georgia this is a favorable trend toward more wintry wx

And bad for RDU :mad:

Nah, it's a different story for the Carolinas... We'll also have to watch the evolution of the shortwave currently in the Eurasian arctic, this system will be over the Great Lakes ~ 4 days. If this digs southwestward and slows down, our southern branch disturbance would get turned northward & vis versa.

Similar to a phase almost once it turns up the Atlantic?

Oth of course if our disturbance is weaker to begin w/, that will definitely impact its capability of phasing w/ this system in the northern stream

I'd really like to see this disconnect on the nam and try to get itself back together

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Right now it appears as if we'll be for 0/1 on 0z runs this evening (for the NC crew anyway)

Too much northern stream interaction at this point. It's starting to become a given this will happen.

Funny how everybody likes to act nice, but when their backyard becomes in jeopardy, its every man for himself! I like the trends

Wow. I leave you guys for a few hours and suddenly the trends improve and things get really really weird. Anyways, back to work I have plenty of patients (dogs/cats) to tend to. I'll catch back up between the 0z gfs/euro. Reel it in guys!

SD said:
I'd really like to see this disconnect on the nam and try to get itself back together

Maybe trying to come back to life hour 60.... come on baby you can do it

Which nam is best to follow on tidbits? 4K, 12 or 32?

At 60 it seems like both the northern stream and disturbance are coming south hand in hand to my novice eyes.

SnowFlowXXL said:
Funny how everybody likes to act nice, but when their backyard becomes in jeopardy, its every man for himself! I like the trends
Me too, there isn't strong northern interaction on NAM, there's just enough...the NAM looks good IMO. It may look bad, but once the energy drops down into the Gulf...its back in business

supposedly for the runs tonight the models have ingested new data? in which this would mean the 0z suite will be the runs that tell us everything?

Brick Tamland said:
Just trending worse and worse as we get closer. This sucks.
For you maybe.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Parker said:
Which nam is best to follow on tidbits? 4K, 12 or 32?
12k for 500mb I doubt the 4k gets out far enough to tell anything

So the nam feeds into the northern stream that snow breaks out here Friday evening

At the surface at 60 the system looks healthy honestly to me. I can't see farther though.

nam gives northern Bama and miss brief snow showers lol

Great start tonight

0/1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Might not be bad after all. Seems precip is further NW this time.

Precip shield much more nw this run not sure I saw that coming....

Definite rough start for most of us bama folks. Let's hope that wasn't close to the truth.

Back