• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

About this time frame seen the hearts ripped out of many

Storm5 said:
Rain Cold said:
Americans come slightly north and warmer.
I'm with you on the north . but the euro is all alone with its warmer solution cause it drags butt with the NS . so I don't think they go to that extreme.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think your right. I believe it will trend towards the Canadian.

MiddleTNWx said:
I am in northern middle TN, so I need this thing to either come in much further NW...or have the Thursday night system overperform.

Both would be great!

0z nam is a east with the low over Oregon and west with the energy on Montana

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

116 guests. take 30 seconds to sign up . we are most likely gonna have to turn certain settings off later in the week to handle traffic and it won't allow you to view the board unless you are a member .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SD said:

That's bad, right? We need those two to be further apart?

So far, once again, slightly more phasing between the northern stream disturbance and the ULL over Oregon

Beware the Doctor. Crusher of dreams.

Hoping for a slight north/west trend with Chattanooga as the target! ;) This teacher needs to use her built in snow days this year.

Benholio said:
SD said:

For those near/south of the I-20 corridor in south-central Mississippi, Alabama, & Georgia this is a favorable trend toward more wintry wx

Webberweather53 said:
Benholio said:
SD said:

For those near/south of the I-20 corridor in south-central Mississippi, Alabama, & Georgia this is a favorable trend toward more wintry wx

And bad for RDU :mad:

MiddleTNWx said:
I am in northern middle TN, so I need this thing to either come in much further NW...or have the Thursday night system overperform.

Me too, I'm about 20-25 minutes north of you in White House.

I could be wrong (probably am), @33, Nam looks similar to 18z run at 500MB

CobraMedic said:
Beware the Doctor. Crusher of dreams.

Or neighborhood drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowellVolz said:
stormcentral said:
Watching closely from TN VALLEY! ?

Me to. I'm just north of Knoxville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a
Chattanooga here. This baby's coming Northwest ?

Well, that Carolina and Clemson game was almost as nerveracking as the model watching.

Cary_Snow95 said:
Webberweather53 said:
Benholio said:
SD said:

And bad for RDU :mad:

Nah, it's a different story for the Carolinas... We'll also have to watch the evolution of the shortwave currently in the Eurasian arctic, this system will be over the Great Lakes ~ 4 days. If this digs southwestward and slows down, our southern branch disturbance would get turned northward & vis versa.

It'll be interesting to see how much energy the nam brings through the 4 corners around 60hrs

NAM doesn't look too different from 18z imo, the first wave looks a little juicier so there's that.... or not.

Back