• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/25 Winter Weather Potential

ForsythSnow

Reaction score
12Z NAM was a good hit for many in AL and GA, let's bring an event for us home
snku_acc.us_se.png

Hope the NAM is onto something but there is absolutely not a single ensemble member from the EPS or GEFS with any snowfall, I don’t like that.

Such a beautiful track though
Given the track and upper air, this system really has a chance. In the end, though, it has heartbreak written all over it. As modeled, above freezing surface temps with rate dependant snowfall happening during the middle of the day will any real make accumulations extremely difficult.

But we weenies will do what weenies do.

Wow I hadn’t been following this. Let’s reel it in
Not sure how far it is from what happened in Feb 2020 but I have a similar feel to it. Small event that showed up and was really mostly ignored to be maybe a dusting event at best until the modeling got closer and it turned into a nice event for many across N GA.

Not sure how far it is from what happened in Feb 2020 but I have a similar feel to it. Small event that showed up and was really mostly ignored to be maybe a dusting event at best until the modeling got closer and it turned into a nice event for many across N GA.
I think this is the event you were referring to.

Brief dusting to RN/SN mix down this way. 4 to 6 for my in-laws near Cumming

I recall it being picked up by short-range models but essentially ignored by globals until they were useless

Back