• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

Hard to beat todays wx for 1st half August. Tomatoe plants feeling those low DPs though. Watched some HS scrimmages last night. First official game is this coming Friday. Teacher workdays start back late this week and finally Summer is winding down.

day2otlk_0600.gif

Well I don't know what my low was, my transmitter stopped sending a signal for much if the night.?

Still... nice day out today, especially for mid August! In fact, I'm having to remind myself to temper my excitement as we have another month before we can really celebrate the coming of Fall. But, man, this is nice; soooooo looking forward to more of this!?

Yep tomorrow is interesting on the severe weather front. Will depend on how quickly we can scour our residual clouds and rain from the overnight MCS/rain. That differential heating boundary is likely to provide a solid local focus along with the increasing forcing. Think the best chance of excessive rain is going to to from GSO to RDU to RWI with the best chance of severe storms along and south of that line. I personally think the tornado threat is better than 0 with the potential to back sfc winds with the weak low developing in the Lee but SPC and RAH haven't really mentioned it. Wr do have steep low level lapse rates and high Dcape so at least a few higher end wind gusts are possible. WBZs sitting right on top of H7 should lead to a fee hail reports as well especially where we can get weak supercells or more intense longer lived updrafts in any clusters or segments. It's an interesting slightly atypical setup for mid August in this part of the country, reminds me more of May until early June

Last edited:
Well I don't know what my low was, my transmitter stopped sending a signal for much if the night.?

Still... nice day out today, especially for mid August! In fact, I'm having to remind myself to temper my excitement as we have another month before we can really celebrate the coming of Fall. But, man, this is nice; soooooo looking forward to more of this!?
Me to. The next two weeks of August look a lot like September usually does around here. Best 2nd half of August it looks like coming over the last 20 years. Can't wait to talk to my neighbor. He hates a early fall. He wants 85 with humidity through the first week of November and then 70's through the end of February. I'm going to have a field day with him with this forecast. His world will come to and end lol.

Me to. The next two weeks of August look a lot like September usually does around here. Best 2nd half of August it looks like coming over the last 20 years. Can't wait to talk to my neighbor. He hates a early fall. He wants 85 with humidity through the first week of November and then 70's through the end of February. I'm going to have a field day with him with this forecast. His world will come to and end lol.
very bold given a return to just average conditions between now and end of September will have you sweating . Also it’s mid august … you still got a ways to go . See ya when it’s 86 October 1!

Back