• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

One of the ONLY positives of living in the shadow of the Apps. I actually read somewhere (a while back ago) that CLT is a severe weather hotspot. I think it may of came from Brad P.
That’s something I was wondering, which of the GSP counties/regions accounts for most of that? Knee jerk reaction to me would be the upstate, but now that you say that I do recall quite a few eastern Piedmont warnings

Found this (in relation to the news NWS svr tstorm warning wording) thought it was interesting how GSP has way more than RAH
View attachment 76849
Not surprising to me at all .. I swear all last year the storms would blow up for Greensboro and dye off as they head towards RAH .. strange but it was frequent last year

One of the ONLY positives of living in the shadow of the Apps. I actually read somewhere (a while back ago) that CLT is a severe weather hotspot. I think it may of came from Brad P.
Looking off severe wx averages in the summer, we seem to lead the country in damaging winds reports, were honestly in a perfect spot, south enough for good moisture advection/heat, but have the mountains to effectively trigger these microburst producing storms into our area

Can’t lie I know I’m a winter weather weenie at heart but I’m sitting on my back porch thinking to myself .. “you know I could go for a good hail storm right about now” .. I snapped out of it real quick .. is my severe weenie starting to take over ?
Enjoy the 70s guys it’s amazing out here

Looking off severe wx averages in the summer, we seem to lead the country in damaging winds reports, were honestly in a perfect spot, south enough for good moisture advection/heat, but have the mountains to effectively trigger these microburst producing storms into our area

That's almost verbatim what I read in the article. It was referring to damaging wind events for the most part. Not too sure about tornadoes (although there seems to a mini "tornado alley" around CLT as well. Especially right and south of 85.

That's almost verbatim what I read in the article. It was referring to damaging wind events for the most part. Not too sure about tornadoes (although there seems to a mini "tornado alley" around CLT as well. Especially right and south of 85.
Wedge front naders haha

So here's the svr warning numbers for a few counties in the GSP CWA from 1/1/2020-12/31/2020
Spartanburg SC-53 warnings
Cherokee SC-36 warnings
Greenville SC-50 warnings
Oconee SC-27 warnings
Pickens SC-28 warnings
Union SC-31 warnings
Anderson SC-30 warnings
Mecklenburg NC-43 warnings
Union NC-29 warnings
Lincoln NC-22 warnings
Iredell NC-22 warnings
Cabarrus NC-22 warnings
Gaston NC-32 warnings
Buncombe NC-14 warnings
Henderson NC-17 warnings
Mitchell NC-5 warnings
Graham NC-6 warnings
Rabun GA-14 warnings
This was probably overkill, but I was trying to touch all the areas of the CWA. Interesting to see Mecklenburg being 3rd highest (of the ones I looked at, there's many more counties)

Could surpass 40 degrees of diurnal temperature variation at RDU today. The low was 34 this morning and as of 3 PM RDU is at 72, a difference of 38 degrees! Not something we see with our climate very often!

I would really love to see a March snow. It’s really been a long time. However this won’t be the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back