• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

What a strange afternoon it has been today. It rains for like 5 minutes, then the sun comes out for 10-20 minutes, then it rains again for 5 minutes. Back and forth. Currently it is sunny, watch it start raining any minute now.

Edit: And..... it’s raining again. Lol

Last edited:
And this is how it failed, not even surprised no more View attachment 43828

That was probably the biggest fail thus far. We can't even get a damn rain shower. Literally just disappeared as it approached the Metro. I mean is the gov't controlling our weather? Do we have a damn dome over 2.5 million residents? If this is CLT's future, in the words of Winston from New Girl...(well sort of)... I'm outta this bish!

Really bodes well for the upcoming pattern when EPS members are showing all time highs
We are going to end up big heat sometime this summer I'm afraid. Hopefully the worst stays in the plains though.

Probably picked up at least another inch today...interesting day all and all, the rain held the temps down but it was crazy humid out when I was walking and the clouds seemed quite low in areas.

Thought I saw a rain shaft near where I first turned on the highway that would send me home, wish I had a good stopping place to where I could've looked a bit harder.

Okay, my fellow board friends... let's just accept the fact that 2020 isn't going improve (weather-wise) L.A. S.D., SLC, Vegas will see more thunderstorm activity than most of us. Hell, it wouldn't shock me if SLC sees another tornado. And let's toss L.A. into that same category. Maybe, just maybe 2021 won't suck as bad. Hang in there and GIVE up hope. ? And yes, I used to live in the coastal sections of L.A./OC. Every now and then those storms sneak in from the east and give L.A. and the O.C. some pretty awesome storms. And talk about photogenic shots. I LOVE lightning in the SW. No trees and endless views of the mountains/hills. @Myfrotho704_ you'd love it!

Last edited:
Okay, my fellow board friends... let's just accept the fact that 2020 isn't going improve (weather-wise) L.A. S.D., SLC, Vegas will see more thunderstorm activity than most of us. Hell, it wouldn't shock me if SLC sees another tornado. And let's toss L.A. into that same category. Maybe, just maybe 2021 won't suck as bad. Hang in there and GIVE up hope. ?
If you move to Nashville I guess you'll get more snow than Charlotte but you won't ever get CAD.

Back