• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Marvelous March

looks interesting around Boone tonight. 32 and heavy precipitation incoming. Think some higher elevations will blow past 3” of snow with drifts after midnight
Ray’s weather is calling for a dusting at best above 4500’. Maybe a couple inches for the mountain tops

Currently 27.5 at the summit of Sugar mountain

The Happy Hour GEFS, like the GFS, is continuing the theme of a healthy -EPO. With that in mind, the US as a whole wouldn’t get a blowtorch anytime soon and chill would dominate over warmth for the next 2 weeks. But of course, there is the GEFS cold bias to take into account.

The 0Z GFs has no accum. snow for VA or Dc area. However, it is actually colder than recent runs and has tiny areas of accum in NC now. Interesting though I don't trust the clown.

Boy this winter if you want to call it that was one of the worst I've seen for the NC Mtns. We had the big snow in December and hardly anymore, seems when we get a snowstorm like that early the rest of the winter is nothing. Go Figure.

We’ve seen our biggest hail around here in late March and early April! The baseball sized hail in Northern part of the county last year this time! Early April in about 2010, had golfball sized hail at my work that damaged my truck! Still have the dimples in the solid steel hood, was too awesome to fix! Will keep an eye on this!!
Scattered mist at best

Back