• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

So lets get your argument(s) down, then we can all laugh at your logic....

Your quote "You have to win the thing to be in the conversation"......so that leaves Gonzaga out

Yet you want to leave Gonzaga in though because they keep coming back (back to what?)

Alabama has been in the Sweet 16 (the top 16 teams in the country) for 3 of the last 4 years (they keep coming back) but you want to leave them out...... 🤣 .......Either you have to win it all to be relevant or you don't....you cant have it both ways, not here anyways.

Now you move to football and say that 1 bad year means you are no longer relevant.....im sorry, WHAT!?!?!? You are literally arguing with your own logic.

Let me make it very simple for you....Alabama is a football, baseball, and now basketball school (you could include softball, gymnastics, etc. if you really wanted to get technical). Gonzaga, even though they have never won it all, is a top tier college basketball school. Your logic, if someone wants to give you credit for having any, is flawed at best, and laughable almost always.
So how many bad years would it take for Alabama to lose its football school status? 2? 3? I mean you gave me 3 to call Alabama a basketball school. I’ll give you Gonzaga that makes sense… Gonzaga keeps making deep tournament runs and has been for quite some time, Alabama is new … now I’m not quite as prideful or boastful as you so based on your arguments I’ll give it to you, however … in my book y’all lack the culture ( had to give free tickets to get people out to the final four) and the history for me to call you a basketball school

Last edited:
So how many bad years would it take for Alabama to lose its football school status? 2? 3? I mean you gave me 3 to call Alabama a basketball school. I’ll give you Gonzaga that makes sense… Gonzaga keeps making deep tournament runs and has been for quite some time, Alabama is new …
A "bad" year for Alabama football is a 3 loss season, which still puts you at 10 wins.....for most schools, that's a great year. How many times have we heard that Alabama is no longer relevant in football after they lost a big game, or lost in the playoffs.....its silly. In today's world, people want to rip away greatness far quicker than it takes to attain it. It's hard to imagine college football without Alabama being a top 5 school year in and year out.....simply because there is no goliath to be slain by all the haters.

Now, to answer your question.....Given the circumstances (Saban gone), the Elite status can (and should) drop quicker if they start declining. There will never be another coach that dominant now that NIL is here. So I would say that if Alabama doesn't win a title in the next 5 years....or they miss the playoffs (expanded) in 2 of the next 5, then I would say they are no longer "Elite". The crazy thing people do with Alabama football is that they compare Alabama of year X to Alabama of year Y and say they are no longer Elite.....is mind blowing. If my memory is right, I think we have lost 23 games in 15 years, and I bet I have heard that Alabama was dead in 7 of those years....its crazy.

Last edited:
Oh they definitely are good, but Alabama's style would have been very hard for them to match.....just like it will be hard for them to match UConn. Both UConn and Alabama can run the floor relentlessly, UConn will beat you with their pace of the big men, Alabama will beat you with the pace and transition 3's. Purdue will be able to matchup better down low if they can keep UConn from going tempo, but I don't see it happening unless Purdue is hot from 3.....should be another fun one to watch. Pulling for Purdue so I can win my 89 team work bracket....we shall see.

Not a bad analysis for a bandwagon Bammer that never watches basketball........ 🤣

So how many bad years would it take for Alabama to lose its football school status? 2? 3? I mean you gave me 3 to call Alabama a basketball school. I’ll give you Gonzaga that makes sense… Gonzaga keeps making deep tournament runs and has been for quite some time, Alabama is new … now I’m not quite as prideful or boastful as you so based on your arguments I’ll give it to you, however … in my book y’all lack the culture ( had to give free tickets to get people out to the final four) and the history for me to call you a basketball school
Alabama will ALWAYS be a football school because it is endeared the most by the faithful and the alumni with deep pocketbooks no matter how long they are down. For example: Southern Cal is still a football school but how long has it been since they've won anything? JMHO

UConn wins titles back to back. I know it's hard to win one title, but makes me wonder as a UNC fan why they can't do that. UConn has won 6 titles since 1999, too, and UNC has won 3. Guess I should be grateful for the 3 titles, but can't help but wonder as a fan what the difference is and why thry have won twice as many titles since then.

UConn wins titles back to back. I know it's hard to win one title, but makes me wonder as a UNC fan why they can't do that. UConn has won 6 titles since 1999, too, and UNC has won 3. Guess I should be grateful for the 3 titles, but can't help but wonder as a fan what the difference is and why thry have won twice as many titles since then.
UConn builds teams that stay together far longer than these other schools. Basketball players from the northeast are a different breed....UNC, for the most part, is always relevant, and always a threat. I still feel like there is a Roy Williams hangover after all these years. NIL and transfer portal has changed it all. I honestly feel like we will see a mid major school win a title in the next 5 years simply because they will have 4th and 5th year seniors across the board....wait for it.

UConn builds teams that stay together far longer than these other schools. Basketball players from the northeast are a different breed....UNC, for the most part, is always relevant, and always a threat. I still feel like there is a Roy Williams hangover after all these years. NIL and transfer portal has changed it all. I honestly feel like we will see a mid major school win a title in the next 5 years simply because they will have 4th and 5th year seniors across the board....wait for it.
Yeah, recruiting is harder these days. Bench players aren't going to stay 4 years if they can go start somewhere else. UNC has already lost Trimble to transferring. If you get the 5 star players they will just go pro after 1 or 2 years. If you get good players that would come off the bench they could leave after a couple of years to go start somewhere else.

Seems better to get players that are good but won't go pro early and will stay all 4 years because they end up starting by their second year, and then get lucky with transfers to fill in the holes. Actually seems getting the top talent to come in is a double edge sword. They might be able to make an impact right away, but then they might make others who might have started tranafer. Hard to find the right balance of having good talent but also players that will stay for more than 2 years.

Highly questionable decision by the Falcons to take Penix at 8.

Should've made a good effort to trade back to the back of the first.

Edit: Bo Nix going in the first at all is pretty darn questionable.

Last edited:
Back