• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Gardening Thread

I bought some reaper seeds directly from Ed.. and the plant produced a couple peppers in year one that I saved and let dry out.. tried planting the seeds this season (from those saved peppers) and they're actually coming up!
That’s awesome!
See if you can get some Pepper X plants yet? I read an article about them a couple years ago. He developed them and they are hotter than Carolina Reapers, but said he would hold onto them in case somebody bred something hotter than the Reaper

I bought some reaper seeds directly from Ed.. and the plant produced a couple peppers in year one that I saved and let dry out.. tried planting the seeds this season (from those saved peppers) and they're actually coming up!
I purchased and grew some Reapers few years ago. Made awesome ornamentals for the backyard and had a fun time at work with the peppers. Had some brave co-workers/taste testers learn that not all peppers are created equal. It was the talk at work for a week laughing at the fools who thought they could handle the heat.

I've been reading about and anticipating the publicized Cicada Swarm this year but has been silent around my house and area so far. All the new housing construction in my area over the past years has probably dampened the event for me in my area. I visited my brother yesterday, who lives in a more rural area about 30 miles from me and I could not believe the noise from the Cicadas. I literally asked my brother what the heck was the noise. I did not recognize the loud noise. He laughed and said it was the Cicadas and it was quiet at the moment. Its been louder at other times. I guess at night. Its no lie the loud noise they have been talking about.

Back