• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Yeah I mean we always seem some leaking toward the NW but I can't find a big catalyst to drive it way north at the last second like the January failure. Maybe I'm wishcasting

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nah I think you're absolutely right unless this thing goes Bonkers bombs away I don't see it going too far north either and even at that looking at the upper levels there's only so far Northwest it could go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's not a bad mean at all, only problem for me personally is I think I'm losing this one to the NW trend. I've been in and around the jackpot since it started showing up on the models and the Euro currently still has me there but I guarantee you when it's all said and done this is an I-85 special

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
We always seem to forget, myself included, that come game time climo wins 99% of the time.

Models all underpredicted moisture for this morning significantly. Compare radar to model precip and reflectivity.

It always seems to when it comes to overrunning precip. HRRR has the precip moving into N.GA by 11am this morning and even it looks slightly underdone on the northern fringe of the precip that's out there in AL/MS right now. I honestly don't see how we make it into the upper 40s/near 50 today if we have precip moving in during the late morning/noon time today.

I think from now until Friday, every view of the radar is important, seems like more moisture than the models advertised, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

Shane I can see where your coming from. Same for metwannabe. We are so used to the NW trend. In this case you have flatter faster GFS vs slower stronger nam and cmc

I think from now until Friday, every view of the radar is important, seems like more moisture than the models advertised, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.
I think BL temps are still the biggest problem! I mean, your not gonna have the rates to overcome it, being on W/NW fringe and light rain

I also think, to Webb points, tomorrow rain should help us out a bit too.
Will it matter if the temps are low-ish
But the humidity ( DPs) are close to temp with all the moisture around these next few days? Not much help with evaporational cooling!?

Reactions: IWC
I think BL temps are still the biggest problem! I mean, your not gonna have the rates to overcome it, being on W/NW fringe and light rain

That's also true, have to also watch out for reflectivity on radar, can't necessarily have light rain in this situation.

Ummm sref have increased for a lot areas since the the last run... I know they are poor indicators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spann map

snow_2017-1024x676.jpg

How close do we have to get , to get RAP'd?

Spann map

snow_2017-1024x676.jpg
This actually seems sensible, given all the maps, climo, et al. Goofy and climo say no, most everyone else says yes, so I'll go with yes, but within reason, lol. Oh, sure, I'd like to get 6 or 8 inches of snow, if it can't be sleet, but it's kind of pie in the sky, until I see it on my door step....or the next county over. T

Back