• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Mischief For Upper SE 3/12/18

The SE Canada vortex was much more extensive on this run and suppressed our s/w and practically into oblivion, our s/w also was weaker which delays barotropic energy generation, but it's also the NAM after 48-60 hours so meh (for now).

namconus_z500_vort_us_fh75_trend (2).gif

While we cry over the NAM and wait for ICON to save us...18z swiss View attachment 4407
Honestly, this looks about right for this storm in my opinion. I don't believe anyone SE of RDU will see anything more than a few flakes mixed in with the cold rain. Just not enough cold air for this system to work with. Frustrating to finally get a good track with a storm and not have the cold air needed for it. Seen this play out several times here. Hope I'm wrong but this is what I am expecting.

I’ll cash out now.
f99a7318c26d25c22007a41e1e10598f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 0z UKMET went ballistic and has a bomb off the Delmarva in 72 hours. The discrepancy between NWP models just 2.5-3 days out is nuts

Reactions: Jon
Back