1. Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Weather Software

Discussion in 'Weather Equipment & Software' started by NWMSGuy, Oct 29, 2017.

1. NWMSGuy

NWMSGuy Member

Looking to possibly purchase some weather software for the computer and wanting some feedback from other members on what they prefer using. I see software such as WSV3, Weather Defender, Interwarn, GREarth, GR Level 3 etc coming up in google searches, any thoughts on these? Also, preferences for EURO Data.

Thanks!

2. SD

SD Staff Member Administrator

I like WSV a lot.

http://wx.graphics/ for Euro

NWMSGuy likes this.
  3. Shawn

Shawn Staff Member Administrator Site Developer

On a premium side, for Euro data, you have eurowx.com (i dont use, not sure but they offer a trial) and weatherbell along with the free source from weather.us / wx.graphics.

On the software side:
    GRLevel is the standard for storm chasers & radar.
    WSV is new but promising.
    GRearth is like GrLevel with a lot more stuff but it requires a monthly subscription to AllisonHouse.

I have searched high and low, and installed the majority of the power weather applications, and outside GRLEVEL and hopefully WSV, the weather software market is extremely lacking of quality products.

NWMSGuy likes this.
  4. NWMSGuy

NWMSGuy Member

Thanks for the response! Recently have signed up with WeatherBell and although the navigation is somewhat confusing to me, enjoying it so far. WSV is next on my list. :]

Shawn likes this.
  5. Shawn

Shawn Staff Member Administrator Site Developer

Yeah, at the time, Ryan had modified a wordpress template I believe, and just started getting everything he could on there. I always complained to him about that god-awful navigation, haha. Looks like Weatherbell have no interest in making it nicer, either, even after he moved on to the weather.us brand.

6. NWMSGuy

NWMSGuy Member

Yeah, I kinda figured that out after recently sending a message to support about a glitch with their site on my end. ...no response LOL