• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Imelda

Wonder if Imelda ends up retired because of the flooding rains from it.

and that should show to me to not speak too soon. Beware the ides of the I storm became true because of the flooding.

TWC was saying 10” pockets at worst, 2 days ago! Said it was moving a lot faster than Harvey!? Whoooops

TWC was saying 10” pockets at worst, 2 days ago! Said it was moving a lot faster than Harvey!? Whoooops

Firsthand Weather says: Honestly, I have no idea how his vehicle didn't get swept away (based on what we can see in the video). This video taken in Winnie, TX along I-10 shows flooding similar to what occurred during Harvey. Just horrible! -Matthew

From Eduardo Martinez who shared this video: "I drove through the first time which wasnt even flooded. As I was waiting on a blocked barrier to open up. The water started raising so I popped a u turn, wasnt like this when I drove through it. If I would of stayed it would of flooded, I got behind a 18wheeler which opened up the way."

Last edited:
Imelda will definitely stand a strong chance of retirement despite being a tropical storm for just a couple of hours.

Tropical cyclones seem to have a tendency to develop exceptionally quick along the SE Texas Coast as history has shown us.FB_IMG_1568922705358.jpg

Imelda will definitely stand a strong chance of retirement despite being a tropical storm for just a couple of hours.

Tropical cyclones seem to have a tendency to develop exceptionally quick along the SE Texas Coast as history has shown us.View attachment 23743
very Allison-like(2001), was at one point the only TS to be retired

Back