• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

HWRF says hello :weenie::eek:

hwrf_sat_IR_09_L_20.png

Gefs likes the idea of it going into south Texas then taking moisture into the southeast
7f613a509813c8d7f6fde852af522e5c.png

c6e1232c2b1ed4970e7c6567023d619c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gfs takes Harvey into south Texas and it stalls for days . Over a foot of rain for some on this run

Wow this got interesting quick lol

DFW only needs 2.96" of rain by August 31st for wettest summer ever and well we've had no problem overperforming on rain this summer

Lol 18z GFS spits out a fairly similar solution to the Euro... Probably not happening but damn remnants of a landfalling cane (i.e. lots of low level wind shear) + cold air damming, that's a good recipe for tornadoes around here in the summer...

Lol 18z GFS spits out a fairly similar solution to the Euro... Probably not happening but damn remnants of a landfalling cane (i.e. lots of low level wind shear) + cold air damming, that's a good recipe for tornadoes around here in the summer...
That doesn't sound too good. The NAVGEM at 12Z has a landfalling TS, but follows the GFS's path. I think this trend is going to be towards Texas or at furthest Louisiana. Wouldn't this mean a stronger storm as well?

Who's has the EPS? My wxbell subscription isn't set to start till September but hell at this rate I'm gonna have to fire it up early

Back