• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

09fb59d6a5cf0f96db6cafdc6044b769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW 0z Nam little stronger than 18z, but it's the long range Nam and doesn't it suck at tropical systems?

FWIW 0z Nam little stronger than 18z, but it's the long range Nam and doesn't it suck at tropical systems?
NAM is just crazy in hurricane season.
Also, The ICON has trended south and stronger through 96.

The Rainfall totals on the EURO look pretty impressive. I see a 23" total for a portion of southern MS.

ICON strengthens it into a hurricane and hits Louisana through 135.

GFS is extremely weak, basically nothing again lol

It is SOUTH of Louisiana at 96 and looks Texas bound???

Didn’t the old GFS have a problem of making storms WAY too strong? Like it used to through out 900mb storms on the usual?

Didn’t the old GFS have a problem of making storms WAY too strong? Like it used to through out 900mb storms on the usual?

yeah now it seems to have the opposite problem of ignoring them...

UKMET into Mobile as a hurricane it appears

Last edited:
This all depends on this col type pattern, whether there’s more interaction from lower mslp from a front, or more high pressure above/around it slowing it down allowing it to sit in gulf a lot longer and having less interaction from the front, which would give it more tropical characteristics and a much more organized storm, only thing it would battle would be upwelling and shallow water, icon does not have much frontal interaction and lets this thing sit out there and strengthen, been noticing on models They keep it strengthening around/on the coast, even tho there’s shallow water, it’s warm 9236A783-9D66-48CC-B504-18B24FE4A36B.jpeg

This is a sensitive ass pattern, one change with the fropa and it could weaken the storm, or not much interaction and it would strengthen, it’s not much in between

The Euro is Texas bound! its so far west it hits me lmao

ecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_6 (1).pngecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_7 (1).png

Last edited:
Back