• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Spring Severe Weather Thread 2017

These meager rain totals will be problematic as the drought continues to slowly expand....
As long as the dynamics are running for the great lakes or dying as they shift east I won't get that excited. Conversely its a good time to get a few over performers

17498636_823817204439249_5208527928177527335_n.png

Lots of backed sfc winds across the SE Saturday, moisture return is still lacking a little bit but there is a pretty good spike in dews just ahead of the front. Should be an active Saturday from Ark to Al.

Looks like the farther west you go the more likely the severe weather will be over the next few rounds. Farther east its a diminishing line of storms with meager rain totals
Yep, the people in Northeast Greenville county SC, got baseball size hail and 4-5" of rain, lucky's! While I received .24 inches of rain, 5-10 miles away ! :(

I still like the system the last day of March then the entire first week of April more so than anything over the next 7 days

This far east this pattern sucks. These lows occluding and dying away aren't doing it for me.

This far east this pattern sucks. These lows occluding and dying away aren't doing it for me.
It's even worse out here to the west! Drought begets drought!

If you believe the GFS the 2 systems either side of 4/1 will have quite a bit of severe potential with them

CIPS analogs pretty big on a day 4 threat. Here's the Top 15 Analogs % with >1 tor report
SZardtL.png

CIPS analogs pretty big on a day 4 threat. Here's the Top 15 Analogs % with >1 tor report
SZardtL.png
Seems an active period is upon us. Monday system nothing to brush off but late next week could pack even more punch. One system at a time.

Seems an active period is upon us. Monday system nothing to brush off but late next week could pack even more punch. One system at a time.
been severe weather fan and chaser and follower for a long time... not sure if i ever seen the models this active... gosh... what chances... yes late next week... has my attention

Back