• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Solar Eclipse Forecast

^ To show you how tricky this can be, especially in summer: though the above looks good for the vast majority, it has been raining along and near the GA/SC coasts due to scattered showers/thunderstorms the last hour or so, including in my area and Charleston.

PS: I think Rosie is looking pretty good up there in Blairsville as of now, but who knows for sure?

^ To show you how tricky this can be, especially in summer: though the above looks good for the vast majority, it has been raining along and near the GA/SC coasts due to scattered showers/thunderstorms the last hour or so, including in my area and Charleston.

PS: I think Rosie is looking pretty good up there in Blairsville as of now, but who knows for sure?
Sure hope so, rode around property looking for best spot to view.

Sure hope so, rode around property looking for best spot to view.
Rosie,
1st and foremost, I'd love to be up there tomorrow. Can't, though ...
You are in the path of totally, but how far south? Is Richard Russell in the 100% zone?
If so, and if anyone is looking for an isolated spot, park at Hog Pen Gap, go across the road and south on the AT to the blue spur and then left to the rock (10 minutes); it is an awesome place with no obstructions!
Best and Enjoy,
Phil

Rosie,
1st and foremost, I'd love to be up there tomorrow. Can't, though ...
You are in the path of totally, but how far south? Is Richard Russell in the 100% zone?
If so, and if anyone is looking for an isolated spot, park at Hog Pen Gap, go across the road and south on the AT to the blue spur and then left to the rock (10 minutes); it is an awesome place with no obstructions!
Best and Enjoy,
Phil
This town is nuts, having a few friends over for snacks, bubbly and whatever! I am west central Union County, should be fine. Heard Forest Service is closing some roads.

Looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway around Devil's Courthouse and Graveyard gets 1 minute of totality as well ... the bugs will subside for 5 ... :p

Wear your wimpy glasses. I for one will be in a welding helmet. Tried it yesterday at work and it will work great.
Yep my dad and my youngest daughter are all set up at his place with the welding helmet tomorrow, works great.... the wife is set up at work with glasses, my oldest daughter is all ready at college ( they have a special viewing on the football field) your's truly, the idiot I am have nothing Lol! I'll just sit at my desk and watch a video....

Mini 5 is ready
5995d09bb644a2dc9c0ee60211bf52d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headed to Toccoa tomorrow. For some reason, everyone is obsessed with buying moon pies and almost everyone was out. Found some at the most isolated Ingles, though they weren't chocolate.
Moon pies and RC Colas and a bag of 25¢ p-nuts with the windows down? Sounds like old times ... LOL

We made it !!! The day is here !!! Post your eclipse party pics here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back