• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Site Suggestions

If you're posting a link to someone's website, no biggie; if you copy and paste text or pics from someone's website and don't give them credit - No No!
That includes copying and pasting and making minor changes - that doesn't make it yours!
This is a much better explanation than mine

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BTW folks if there are things you want to see on the wiki you can post them in this thread and someone will get them posted asap. I would like to get a comprehensive list of events that impacted the region so when they are referenced it's easy to find what happened

BTW folks if there are things you want to see on the wiki you can post them in this thread and someone will get them posted asap. I would like to get a comprehensive list of events that impacted the region so when they are referenced it's easy to find what happened

and there is a way to cross-index on that tool!
"backlinks" i think it's called - haven't tried it but FWIW

An area specific notable winter storm bust would be 3/1/09. And I don't just mean IMBY.

Its why I'm not a big fan of relying on the ULL/bowling ball. As I remember, there was a Winter Storm Warning for at least 2-4 inches of snow (locally more due to what was happening in the ULL) and I remember looking at a radar online that had a big system of mostly all snow in AL/GA/TN, and it was literally a stone's throw away from getting into my county. So what happened here?

Nothing. The ULL stalled literally right on the doorstep of my county for hours and it's moisture flow got choked off. I'm not even sure we saw much rain after that first round earlier in the day of thunderstorms.

And it's not just here in which this ULL busted, but it's area specific. Specifically, far north Georgia (two references), a lot of east Georgia, and a lot of South Carolina.

I guess a better way to put it is this was a feast or famine winter storm, because this storm made a lot of people happy, and a lot of people sad. Those were in my younger, angrier days. Now, while I like snow I accept I won't see it much.

Thanks in very large part to ForsythSnow and SD and Storm5, the Wiki tab is taking off in stellar fashion!!!
Thanks!!!
Phil

Thanks in very large part to ForsythSnow and SD and Storm5, the Wiki tab is taking off in stellar fashion!!!
Thanks!!!
Phil

And yourself . Yeah the wiki is going to be an AMAZING tool for the site . What a great resource to definitions, past events , every model link you can think . No bouncing around from site to site to find what your looking for . It will all be right here , a click away . Sure we could download some stupid plugin to help organize threads but that's lazy and would not even scratch the surface at what we are trying to build. We are not trying to half a** this site .Having members be able to participate and help build the wiki is an awesome custom addition . We are so thankful and appreciative for everyone who is helping out .

But don't forget , this is just 1 addition we have MANY awesome additions that are coming over the next few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yourself . Yeah the wiki is going to be an AMAZING tool for the site . What a great resource to definitions, past events , every model link you can think . No bouncing around from site to site to find what your looking for . It will all be right here , a click away . Sure we could download some stupid plugin to help organize threads but that's lazy and would not even scratch the surface at what we are trying to build. We are not trying to half a** this site .Having members be able to participate and help build the wiki is an awesome custom addition . We are so thankful and appreciative for everyone who is helping out .

But don't forget , this is just 1 addition we have MANY awesome additions that are coming over the next few weeks

Just finished putting descriptive text on the models so folks will have a general idea what each link is

Just finished putting descriptive text on the models so folks will have a general idea what each link is

Holy crap you did the model page?? There is like 50 links !!! Awesome

Holy crap you did the model page?? There is like 50 links !!! Awesome

Yep - I did that (tried to give some sense of organization, as well) and the tropical models in the tropical link. :p The links in both come from my stash!

A while back Arcc did post some links I have and for those I used his descriptions - so Arcc - Thanks as well!

Last edited:
Added a link to Larry's research on MJO in the winter Wiki page - Larry: Thanks for allowing that!
Best!
Phil

Added winter weather criteria for FFC.

Is there a way you could make the words links rather than have a long link? The page would look a bit cleaner. Thank you for adding that page BTW! :)
Not sure I follow - can you be a bit more specific and then I'll do what I can! :D

Back