• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Site Suggestions

Alright I have the wiki setup so that you can register and edit. Hopefully the step of having to register will keep spam and trolls away. You do have to reregister since it's not affiliated with the forum software apologies for that. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Alright I have the wiki setup so that you can register and edit. Hopefully the step of having to register will keep spam and trolls away. You do have to reregister since it's not affiliated with the forum software apologies for that. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Couple questions:
1)What can be edited, and how are edits made and saved?
2)You'll probably be adding some stuff (like the Model links and so forth), so hopefully no one starts getting ahead of the game - so, what should be "hands off" for now?

Edit - figured out how to edit, so Q #2 is the one that I'd really appreciate some guidance on!
Thanks!
Phil

So you just have to register if you want to edit and stuff ? Cause I can still see everything on the pic site with being logged into anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you just have to register if you want to edit and stuff ? Cause I can still see everything on the pic site with being logged into anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes register if you want to contribute otherwise you can view without registering

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yes register if you want to contribute otherwise you can view without registering

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Is there a simpler way to get back to the forum from the wiki page? Once I click the wiki link I have to pull the forum up to get back or hit the back button until I get back....which isn't the end of the world obviously. And maybe it's just me but I really can't figure this wiki thing out....

Is there a simpler way to get back to the forum from the wiki page? Once I click the wiki link I have to pull the forum up to get back or hit the back button until I get back....which isn't the end of the world obviously. And maybe it's just me but I really can't figure this wiki thing out....
not being a UNC fan.

I will get a forum link on there soon.

How do you remove stuff from the "Trace" after you've looked at it? That bar just keeps growing; I had to delete cookies to get it back to fresh which then required logging back in to the main site on every device (computers and mobile)?

How do you remove stuff from the "Trace" after you've looked at it? That bar just keeps growing; I had to delete cookies to get it back to fresh which then required logging back in to the main site on every device (computers and mobile)?
Me thinks there is a certain number of pages that collect there then they slowly start to disappear. I'll have to read up on its function later

A copy and past from the Wiki page --
This is a page where all winter Weather Threads will be archived
Who is doing the archiving? Staff or members as they see fit and have time?

On a related note - I put the entire Models thread into the models page but someday I intend to break that out and organize it by category - but that'll take copying each entry separately since the links don't get "hot" with a full copy and paste of a whole series of entries ....
so, on a rainy day in Gainesville that project will get tackled ... :cool:

A copy and past from the Wiki page --
This is a page where all winter Weather Threads will be archived
Who is doing the archiving? Staff or members as they see fit and have time?

On a related note - I put the entire Models thread into the models page but someday I intend to break that out and organize it by category - but that'll take copying each entry separately since the links don't get "hot" with a full copy and paste of a whole series of entries ....
so, on a rainy day in Gainesville that project will get tackled ... :cool:
Both.....

I would think it would be kinda cool to have a page for every event with the thread archived and any effects to members

Both.....

I would think it would be kinda cool to have a page for every event with the thread archived and any effects to members
Excuse my ignorance (yeah I know a Tarheel fan blah blah blah) but anyway..... is the only way to view the links in Wiki is by clicking the site map? Am I missing something here?

Excuse my ignorance (yeah I know a Tarheel fan blah blah blah) but anyway..... is the only way to view the links in Wiki is by clicking the site map? Am I missing something here?
Try what I did in the Models section of Wiki and see if it works - it's a start - but eventually I intend to get every model link in there from the thread ...

go into the search box and search for links. That will bring up all pages with the word link in the definition and you can go from there

Try what I did in the Models section of Wiki and see if it works - it's a start - but eventually I intend to get every model link in there from the thread ...
What I'm saying is when I click the wiki link I'm here
Capture.jpg

So then the only way I can find the links is by clicking the sitemap, now once I've visited it it's on my bar but not unless I go to sitemap first. Make sense?

go into the search box and search for links. That will bring up all pages with the word link in the definition and you can go from there
Ok well when I do that I only get the model page b/c it's the only one that has a link in it... in other words in order to find all the terms you added earlier I had to go through the sitemap.... maybe it's just me

What I'm saying is when I click the wiki link I'm here
Capture.jpg

So then the only way I can find the links is by clicking the sitemap, now once I've visited it it's on my bar but not unless I go to sitemap first. Make sense?
type into the search bar or look at recent changes - so far I've not seen a master index ...

Back