• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Site Suggestions

Would it be a good idea to put the link to the map under the members tab as a permanent location? For instance, when you click on the member tab, it loads the members page, and below it are the current links. Maybe adding the map link there would be an ideal spot.

OK - 1 more idea (as though here won't be others) LOL
How about more "Smileys" or animated emoticons?
default_banned.gif

default_accordion.gif

Maybe it is just me, but it seems kind of hard to see new posts in unpinned threads here unless you look at the main page and a new post in one of those threads happens to be the latest post. For example, I just posted in the ENSO thread. Nobody else has posted there in nearly a month. For those who follow that thread, is it easy to miss new posts there or not? If not, then maybe it is just me and isn't something that needs fixing.

Another example: The golf thread has had only posts from me about the Masters. All other Masters related posts were in the banter thread. Is that because folks were forgetting about or unaware of the Golf thread or didn't realize there were Masters posts there?

Maybe it is just me, but it seems kind of hard to see new posts in unpinned threads here unless you look at the main page and a new post in one of those threads happens to be the latest post. For example, I just posted in the ENSO thread. Nobody else has posted there in nearly a month. For those who follow that thread, is it easy to miss new posts there or not? If not, then maybe it is just me and isn't something that needs fixing.

Another example: The golf thread has had only posts from me about the Masters. All other Masters related posts were in the banter thread. Is that because folks were forgetting about or unaware of the Golf thread or didn't realize there were Masters posts there?
We have a lot of fun in Banter and sometimes stick around there with our streams of consciousness. Not being much of a sport fan, I can't speak for the golf posts, other than I did watch some of the last hour of the Masters. What a beautiful course!

Are new posts not bumping the thread topic up to the top of the unpinned thread list? I think they should.

I agree. There should be at max 4 pinned threads. I also think they should be separated from the unpimmed threads to reduce clutter and allow the other threads to be seen.

We have a lot of fun in Banter and sometimes stick around there with our streams of consciousness. Not being much of a sport fan, I can't speak for the golf posts, other than I did watch some of the last hour of the Masters. What a beautiful course!

Are new posts not bumping the thread topic up to the top of the unpinned thread list? I think they should.

Yes, they are. So, that in itself is not a problem.

I agree. There should be at max 4 pinned threads. I also think they should be separated from the unpimmed threads to reduce clutter and allow the other threads to be seen.

I agree 100% about the separation. I'm wondering if it would be a lot of trouble to add a 2nd red bar (or maybe another color for the bar) between the last pinned thread and the first unpinned thread. I'm thinking something more would be helpful to break up the page in addition to just having the "tacks" next to the pinned threads. I also agree about limiting the number of pinned threads except maybe during/near significant wx events that require extra pinned threads. I think that the 7 we have now is too many, especially with no major wx event.

Last edited:
As for threads and so forth - the simplest way, for those familiar with an Apple OS (computer, not phone), is the folder hierarchy scheme - Main folders (e.g., weather, learning models ...)>Series of sub-folders (e.g, winter, severe ... inside of the 4 or 5 main folders), and inside of those sub-folders other sub-folders by event - then things can be readily found and the front page is the only page.

Example: Main Folder (Weather)> Sub-folders (Winter; Severe; Banter; Tropical ...)> Inside of each Sub-folder (example - inside of Severe - all of the threads that are currently labeled severe)

Noted ........ we now only have 4 pinned threads . If you think one should be pinned and another should not be pinned make your suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noted ........ we now only have 4 pinned threads . If you think one should be pinned and another should not be pinned make your suggestions

None should be unpinned, but I respectfully suggest that at least for now the model links thread be pinned as well so that folks who want model access can readily get to/find them. I do know that some folks don't have much model data bookmarked and they go there to look at and for stuff. (That or all the blue "learning" threads could be put into a master Learning folder as sub-folders and the master Learning folder be pinned).

Last edited:
None should be unpinned, but I respectfully suggest that the model links thread be pinned so that folks who want model access can readily get to/find them. I do know that some folks don't have much model data bookmarked and they go there to look at and for stuff. (That or all the blue "learning" threads could be put into a master Learning folder as sub-folders and the master Learning folder be pinned).
Or we get an organized page for the links, and add it to the top tabs in a link.

I was talking about making a separate page for the website links rather than a folder though. That way, the links are in their own area.
Either way (and it's certainly not my call so I'll just suggest) - a hierarchial drop down or folder system by major topic would ease clutter and help folks find what they are looking for.

aren't growing pains great!!! :D

The store is now live and active . Many changes coming to it and the site coming over the next week

Use coupon code Southernwx for free shipping

[
The store is now live and active . Many changes coming to it and the site coming over the next week

Use coupon code Southernwx for free shipping

Suweeeet! I'll let someone else test it out this time ;)

Suggestion to declutter the forums... I'd remove the member picture thumbnails on the topic list. The thread creator is already mentioned below the thread topic.

We now have a wiki system for links and organization in the long term. Working on getting it filled out. We added a link in the top bar.

Back