• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Wx Threat 5/26-5/28/2017

Slight risk extended southward.
day1otlk_0100.gif

Well my peak gust was 47, and got 0.24" but some of the loadest, longest lasting thunder I can ever remember. ( I even timed some, one lasted 53 seconds...darn)

It just fell apart right before it got to me. We ended up with a STW but just a slight sprinkle is all we saw.

Looks like we're just outside, feet outside the marginal area for today. We'll see how that changes through the day.

Got over half an inch here from all the rain, after a late severe thunderstorm watch and a few stronger storms, plus some wind. Was worse to the south though on round 2.
Here is a loop of the storms coming through Georgia.
codnexlab.NEXRAD.FFC.N0Q.20170528.1223.200ani.gif

Will be interesting to see what fires around here today the hrrr isn't impressed while the rgem and 3k nam have quite a few storms.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see what fires around here today the hrrr isn't impressed while the rgem and 3k nam have quite a few storms.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Well from past 24 hours... GFS and Nam didnt pick up on MCS's maintaining or coming so far Sout/SE.. while HRRR pretty much was dead on.. .. but as many of us know, models often are hit and miss with MCS based systems

The models have been horrible overall with severe weather threats here. No consistency at all.

The severe weather threats around here have become like the winter storm threats with regards to what the models show. Go with whichever one is the least impressive.

But if you get a storm coming your way without a watch, that's when you need to be worried.

Hi there! That is really scary. Storm causes major disaster in the life of people. As the warning got issued about the storm, people living in that area need to be prepared for the major big tornado. They need to take precaution so everyone needs to be safe in such drastic situation. Having a proper tools, supplies, and a first aid kit, make sure your home meets building codes for withstanding hurricanes, and they have storm shutters, hire good insurance company and home insurance claim adjuster for getting insurance and much more precaution to save their life.

Back