• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc September Segue

I wouldn't worry too much about the heat coming honestly...we've had it good for most the summer...the heat was bound to pop back up eventually before summer we get into the holidays. Hopefully this will the last hoorah of super hot temperatures, if they come to pass.

Sidebar; Has anyone else seen a HUGE influx of spiders and webs this year? I can't recall so many webs in trees and all over my back yard before. My grandparents are big on folklore and said it's a sign of a cold winter. I dunno about all that though? lol

Not a huge influx of spiders, but really aggravating ant issues earlier in the summer when we were getting lots of rain. A dry spell and my dad poison bombing all of the ant nests in the yard stopped it, but Irma might have brought the ants back. We'll see. Hopefully not.

Gfs has mid 90s here by d10

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hope that's wrong. I am ready for the tropical season to end and for fall to begin. Need to start looking forward to pumpkin spice and Halloween, Thanksgiving, and gearing up for tracking the winter storms.

Don't you remember last year? Perhaps West Central GA missed out on the scorching heat and the drought.
I think last year the ground was drier than it was this year. I was living in Dahlonega last year and yes it was very hot but also very dry. I dont recall it being 95+ though that late in September. I would think a wet ground would make it even harder to reach 95 or even 90 this late in the year.

I was actually in Destin, FL Sept. and Oct. last year. It was crazy hot down there - mid 90s. But my family was in N AL, and it was crazy hot here, too.

CFSv2 isn't having any part of this prolonged warm early fall some have advertised ... :cool:
wk1.wk2_latest.NAsfc_T.gif

wk3.wk4_latest.NAsfc_T.gif

Starting to like the end of September pattern that the gfs is showing. Nice cool downs.

Back