• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc PLEASE READ THIS

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
As traffic picks up we are going to get strict with posts in the December discussion thread. During this time of year we have members and guests that don't post but read the discussion thread to keep up with the latest changes in our weather and don't want to read a bunch of banter. So we have one simple rule moving forward, if you don't have something to add to the discussion do not post it!!! There is a banter thread for a reason. If you want to argue go to the banter thread. Also posts that are unrelated to the December discussion will be deleted. So if your post gets deleted don't make another post asking where it went . Post it again in banter if you wish. But things are heating up and we will be cutting back on the banter. .Not trying to be an ass hat, I'm just as guilty as the next person so this post isn't geared towards anyone . It's just the way its gonna be moving forward

Last edited:
As traffic picks up we are going to get strict with posts in the December discussion thread. During this time of year we have members and guests that don't post but read the discussion thread to keep up with the latest changes in our weather. So we have one simple rule moving forward, if you don't have something to add to the discussion do not post it!!! There is a banter thread for a reason. If you want to argue go to the banter thread. Also posts that are unrelated to the December discussion will be deleted. So if your post gets deleted don't make another post asking where it went . Post it again in banter if you wish. But things are heating up and we will be cutting back on the banter. .Not trying to be an ass hat, I'm just as guilty as the next person so this post isn't geared towards anyone . It's just the way its gonna be moving forward
well said charlie agre 100 percent

I like it, when things get going, we mean business!

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

As traffic picks up we are going to get strict with posts in the December discussion thread. During this time of year we have members and guests that don't post but read the discussion thread to keep up with the latest changes in our weather and don't want to read a bunch of banter. So we have one simple rule moving forward, if you don't have something to add to the discussion do not post it!!! There is a banter thread for a reason. If you want to argue go to the banter thread. Also posts that are unrelated to the December discussion will be deleted. So if your post gets deleted don't make another post asking where it went . Post it again in banter if you wish. But things are heating up and we will be cutting back on the banter. .Not trying to be an ass hat, I'm just as guilty as the next person so this post isn't geared towards anyone . It's just the way its gonna be moving forward
I know I'm getting old and out of touch with all the new latest catch phrases and all but an ass hat?? What is a dang ass hat? Do asses where hats?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haha I've been called an ass before and I have 12 hats so.....

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Who knew... learn something everyday
4304c0f98df96066dabc71dd55a2ab27.jpg

Looks like you still have folks coming in with their one-liners that's not needed in the December thread. Funny or not, old habits are hard to break, I guess. I was considering taking folks off my ignore list if they are not going to be allowed to clutter up the thread. Now I'm not so sure.

Looks like you still have folks coming in with their one-liners that's not needed in the December thread. Funny or not, old habits are hard to break, I guess. I was considering taking folks off my ignore list if they are not going to be allowed to clutter up the thread. Now I'm not so sure.
It's being worked on trust me.... your input as well as patience is greatly appreciated.

It's being worked on trust me.... your input as well as patience is greatly appreciated.

I've been teaching high school for 20 years. I'm very patient. Thank you for taking your time to respond. I think you have your work cut out to get folks to either refrain from posting or to post their jabs in the the banter thread. I don't envy your job. That being said, if you need any help clearing out the clutter, let me know.

I've been teaching high school for 20 years. I'm very patient. Thank you for taking your time to respond. I think you have your work cut out to get folks to either refrain from posting or to post their jabs in the the banter thread. I don't envy your job. That being said, if you need any help clearing out the clutter, let me know.
Jabs are unnecessary at any point, including on a hot July afternoon when the board is quiet. Jabs should be moved from discussion threads. However, sometimes a one liner can make a person (or a group of people) think about (reflect on) the actual substance of what they are doing/saying/posting ... so I humbly urge some caution in just deleting anything that is not a purely analytical A+B+C=D post, or one that isn't accompanied by a map (since the analysis or "message" may well be short, veiled, and someone indirect so as not to insult someone, or as alluded to just above, to encourage some independent thinking rather than reflexive regurgitation).
2¢ worth ...

You have to understand we have some who post frequently when there is absolutely nothing going on and we have zero traffic. During those times everything is allowed or else we'd delete ourselves out of a board but oth I'm sure it makes it more difficult for those habits that develop then to be broken... it's a fine line between being a good moderator and an ass hat.

It's possible we may promote a few seasonal mods during winter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back