1. Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Ordered a new Davis VP2+

Discussion in 'Weather Equipment & Software' started by DaculaWeather, Feb 13, 2017.

1. DaculaWeather

DaculaWeather It's a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand. Member

I figured it was about time for a new weather station. I've had my Davis Vue for 8 years now and it's worked flawlessly, but I figured my time was running out so I went ahead and bit the bullet. I've replaced the battery once (needs to be replaced now for the 2nd time) and that's it.

Once I get the new one installed, I'll send the Vue back to Davis for a refurbish and use it as a portable weather station.

2. DaculaWeather

DaculaWeather It's a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand. Member

Received the station yesterday but I only had time to get it out of the box. If you've never seen a VP2+ in person, it is BIG, much larger than my Vue. Here's a shot (minus some parts) of it sitting on the kitchen counter. The new models have a brand new rain collector that is suppose to work better in windy conditions. I'll get it going with the anemometer attached to the ISS and after everything is working ok, I'll order the wireless anemometer kit and mount and move it to the roof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]upload image online

Jeremy Camp, Storm5 and metwannabe like this.
  3. SD

SD Staff Member Administrator

Nice!!! Lucky

DaculaWeather likes this.