• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

GFS has the first true arctic air plowing into the central us by the end of the run with temps below zero

gfs_T2m_us_53.png
This is crazy stuff right here.

Surprised no ones commented about euro. It was a very cold run, at least for the mid south:). Mostly attributed to recurving typhoon imo

Surprised no ones commented about euro. It was a very cold run, at least for the mid south:). Mostly attributed to recurving typhoon imo
Speaking for myself alone, there's a pledge I made not to state what is plainly visible ... don't wanna bore folks (which I may well do anyway ... :cool:). But the Euro does suggest - and "suggest" is the operative word - a possible pattern relaxation beginning a bit before 240. Now that's the 30th and quite a bit can change in 10 days. So, we have some things to watch out for, which is the fun part of this until something is really knocking at the door ... o_O
Anyway - enjoy the cool that looks to be headed our way next week! That seems to be knockin' ...
Best,
Phil

Last edited:
Well mid range models are showing a stronger severe look here Monday/Tuesday.. May have first "second season" event here. Would not be shocked if SPC has us outk=line come tomorrow morning.

To the surprise of no one, the GFS Ensemble is caving to the Euro after day 9 over NA, w/ a much deeper trough now showing up in the eastern-central US instead of the west...
Unknown.gif

man the GFS is all kinds of fun again this run... right after Halloween snow quite far south

November begins with a bang

Last edited:
As crazy as the year has been weather wise.. it wouldn't shock me to see freezing before Halloween and maybe token flurries. It's possible. Likey? No. lol. Let's be realistic but anything is always possible. I remember one year experiencing a brief burst of snow on Halloween going up 400 several years ago.

Back