• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

Too bad the 384 hour goofy never works as it has 38 as a low lol.
Forget fall. We go straight to winter there!
gfs_T850_seus_50.png
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_48.png

100% agree but my collards would welcome a nice little frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I'm an ogre and curmudgeon, but I gotta say what's true, and be realistic in thoughts ...

Plus - my collards are never good until December --- but they make New Year's Day quail tasty ...

I disagree. There was snow in north Georgia on Halloween in 2014. We had a cold snowy winter. Anecdotal but my theory is a cold fall equals a cold winter.

I disagree. There was snow in north Georgia on Halloween in 2014. We had a cold snowy winter. Anecdotal but my theory is a cold fall equals a cold winter.

Well some people had a cold snowy winter. I think the airport got squat in the 14-15 winter.

not going to argue or debate - too many snowy halloweens have left nothing afterwards ... just life experience ...

In Florida?

Yes - I live in the SE, just sleep in north FL; but to answer your question - yes - when it does snow here ... which it does more than you might think, it's after a warm to average fall --- never ever, ever after a cold late Oct or early Nov ...
but again - no argument or bad feelings ... just a lifetime of watching and doing ... :cool:

Yes - I live in the SE, just sleep in north FL; but to answer your question - yes - when it does snow here ... which it does more than you might think, it's after a warm to average fall --- never ever, ever after a cold late Oct or early Nov ...
but again - no argument or bad feelings ... just a lifetime of watching and doing ... :cool:
Dude. Sounds good.

Dude. Sounds good.

Man, I'll PM you all sorts of FL snow info, but don't wanna clutter this up for folks that really don't care!
In all seriousness, I'm not posting to see my words on a page ... I hope to at least make it fun, and informative ... ;)

Man, I'll PM you all sorts of FL snow info, but don't wanna clutter this up for folks that really don't care!
In all seriousness, I'm not posting to see my words on a page ... I hope to at least make it fun, and informative ... ;)

I'd actually like to see snow data for Florida.

Good point. Glad it's way out there so it won't happen lol.

Obviously yes it's not going to pan out exactly like that but I find it hard to believe it won't happen at all and/or won't be extremely impressive somewhere in the southeastern US and/or central plains esp when there could be more than 1 typhoon recurvature ~ October 20 in the WP

I hope this up coming pattern change will actually help our winter. I know many of you would love to wait until Dec for this change, but i rather take my chances now than have to wait late for a change that will never happen. If a pattern change is soon let it come for goodness sake. Tired of waiting anyways.

Obviously yes it's not going to pan out exactly like that but I find it hard to believe it won't happen at all and/or won't be extremely impressive somewhere in the southeastern US and/or central plains esp when there could be more than 1 typhoon recurvature ~ October 20 in the WP
I agree, it may not happen the same way as model shows, but the signal is strong for much colder pattern. Funny thing is, it looks to stay a while end of month into November

Also, as a kid i remember full blown cold winters that stayed cold from Oct through much of winter. Not saying this is gonna be the same way, but eventually one day we will have a another episode.

Back