• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

holy moly, the 00z must be ugly.. ever get that weird 'don't click, but you gotta click anyway' feeling when you go to tropicaltidbits hoping for a bone?

the GFS is trying to give Chihuahua,Mx it's first freeze of the season at 384hr before most areas of Eastern US. Dat's cool

People juat
And long range cold always gets warmer the closer it gets, never in my life seen it get colder the closer it gets. I have always wondered why the GFS even goes past 10 days, never even close to what it shows past 240 hours.
It does seem that way, but i have seen LR gfs get colder as well. Most of the time it shows major cold only to correct it self to "warmish" . Also seen before in many cases where gfs lr show cold and it actually got colder.

Gotta love hour 384.
gfs_T850_us_53.png

We ended up with 3.25 inches of rain overnight. That was a big surprise and not showing up on any model.

Glad to see the SE is not the only place for big busts! Denver was supposed to get 3-5" of snow, they only recorded 1/3 of an inch!

I saw a picture of Coors Field from the other day and it was covered in snow. Had to be at least 4-5 inches.

Edit: I went back and looked and it probably was more like 2 inches.

Last edited:
This is asinine. I’m so sick of the constant damn ridge making us feel like we’re bleaching in the desert sands of the Sahara.

This will be repeated 1,125 times between now and March!
I hope you are right, and that 30 - 40% of the time the cold 10 day models are also right during that time frame ... :rolleyes:

.... and for starters, here's one of the 60 -70% I'd hope are dead wrong ...

814temp.new.gif

BTW - unless you have Rolaids, do not look at today's Weeklies ... :confused:

Last edited:
I saw a picture of Coors Field from the other day and it was covered in snow. Had to be at least 4-5 inches.

Edit: I went back and looked and it probably was more like 2 inches.
I think Denvers airport is a good distance from the city so im sure snow varies quite a bit.

Back