• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oscitance

Well the chances of the next 5 months being above average, are better than average!? We couldn’t have a whole winter season without a below normal month, correct??

Well the chances of the next 5 months being above average, are better than average!? We couldn’t have a whole winter season without a below normal month, correct??

Considering everyone was panicking about not having a winter last year and it turned out to be a great winter, I’m not concerned at all. The pattern will flip, it’s just some years it takes longer to than others.

62FB04BF-7607-4A89-9541-B9D0D0D19259.png Santa might want to move his HQ to Antarctica. This is the epitome of “Death Ridge” ... Jeebus

Considering everyone was panicking about not having a winter last year and it turned out to be a great winter, I’m not concerned at all. The pattern will flip, it’s just some years it takes longer to than others.
Yep this literally happens every year but seems to be happening earlier and earlier as far as winter cancel fears. The fact of the matter is though that 95% of this board lives in areas that rarely see more then Fluries until January. I live the farthest north of most posters on the board and I have only seen more then Fluries or dustings before January one winter out of 11 that I’ve lived here. Obviously that was the 2010/2011 winter that gave me multiple 2-3 inch snowfalls by Christmas which probably won’t happen but once or twice more in my lifetime. I’ve seen what was supposed to be great winters end up bad and what was supposed to be bad winters end up great. My point is there’s no reason to worry until basically early January as that is when the south’s short snow season normally starts. Anything and everything before January is bonus snow down here.

Yep this literally happens every year but seems to be happening earlier and earlier as far as winter cancel fears. The fact of the matter is though that 95% of this board lives in areas that rarely see more then Fluries until January. I live the farthest north of most posters on the board and I have only seen more then Fluries or dustings before January one winter out of 11 that I’ve lived here. Obviously that was the 2010/2011 winter that gave me multiple 2-3 inch snowfalls by Christmas which probably won’t happen but once or twice more in my lifetime. I’ve seen what was supposed to be great winters end up bad and what was supposed to be bad winters end up great. My point is there’s no reason to worry until basically early January as that is when the south’s short snow season normally starts. Anything and everything before January is bonus snow down here.
Yep, all we have to do is look at winter 2015-16... December was literally as bad as it gets for winter lovers... the perfect storm, yet we ended up with a pretty good winter.

Really sucks that we are punting 15 more days at least before anything resembling fall. The 90s late week into the weekend will suck. Thankfully I'll be in vegas enjoying highs in the 70s and dewpoints in the 30s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really sucks that we are punting 15 more days at least before anything resembling fall. The 90s late week into the weekend will suck. Thankfully I'll be in vegas enjoying highs in the 70s and dewpoints in the 30s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

I remember when it used to cool off by the second week September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metcalf dorm at NCSU didn’t have AC in the 90s and those first couple weeks where rough. I bet they have AC now.

Even after this “cool” front it still feels like August.

Metcalf dorm at NCSU didn’t have AC in the 90s and those first couple weeks where rough. I bet they have AC now.

I was on the 12th floor in the early 90s. It sucked. And the multiple late night fire drills. Ug.

Back